A beautiful location and a magnificently restored monastery with sensational views over the surrounding valleys. Walking through the grounds of the resort was a real pleasure. Our room was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The one hour salt spa treatment is a "must do" and is both relaxing and invigorating. However, what should have been a perfect stay was marred by a disappointing meal in what was described as a one hat Michelin Restaurant. Maybe this Monday evening was a bad night but the food was sub-standard for a top quality restaurant. Although presented well, the food lacked flavour and finesse. Starters were cold and soggy as if refrigerated overnight, and the mains were characterless. However dessert was good. The saving grace for the night was a magnificent bottle of 2007 Gaja that was a triumph of Barbaresco wine magic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais San Maurizio is a unique, unforgettable place. Refined and romantic, it is the ideal place for a true time of wellness, relaxation, soothing the senses and the spirit. An unexpected, happy discovery. The frescoed halls, the 31 rooms with unique decorations, the gardens and the park with centuries-old trees are all truly enchanting. The large outdoor swimming pool at the top of the hill provides a 360° view of the surrounding landscape. The hotel is also home to the Michelin starred 'di Guido da Costigliole' restaurant and the exclusive 'La Via del Sale' Medical & Beauty SPA. It is a partner of the Relais & Chateaux chain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Relais San Maurizio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais San Maurizio Hotel Santo Stefano Belbo
- Relais San Maurizio Italy/Santo Stefano Belbo, Piedmont