“Outstanding again. Peaceful and Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Towers | West End, Road Town VG-1110, Tortola   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Road Town
Peoria, IL
“Outstanding again. Peaceful and Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was our second stay at Ft. Recovery - 18 years apart. Although some things have changed a little, the staff is just as friendly and helpful as they could be. Our villa was great, the cleaning ladies did a great job. I miss the sounds of the palm fronds and waves already... we had a peaceful stay, really got into the "island time" mode. Good for the soul!
The front office hooked us up on a day trip to the baths - outstanding! Can't wait to get back. I just hope it's sooner that 18 years this time.

Room Tip: Beach views are really nice looking out across Sir Francis Drake Channel from the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for 2 days after our sail charter ended. We had a 2 bedroom villa. We were greeted with a smile by Rita who let us check in early. Our villa was lovely- very homey- so much so that my children asked if they were staying in someone's home! The kitchen was well appointed and didn't lack for anything to help prepare meals. We had loads of provisions left over from our weeklong sail so we brought them with us and made our meals there- which was nice after a week of eating at restaurants or trying to cook in a teeny tiny boat stovetop!
The beds were comfy. It is a small resort and nicely quiet. The pool, though small, was in good condition and the employees brought out pool toys for the children. There really isn't much within walking distance- a cab will be needed to go anywhere from the resort. This is easily arranged through reception. While not a 5 star resort in the true sense of what a 5 star actually is- it was quite lovely and I'd have no worries about recommending it to a friend.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a water view- we didn't have one and that was something I would have really...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hilton Head Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Started visiting Fort Recovery in 199, this was our best trip ever as they continue to improve the rooms, best mattresses consequently best sleep, food was delicious, only way to get abetter meal was to eat the next night, wind blew 20 kits whole week so no real need for air, best place to stay in all the islands. Thanks to Anita,Sonny,Pamelah,Rita and Chris plus the staff. Anne, Ivette and the rest of crew could not have been more friendly and helpful, truly the place where you get more than you pay for. Stanley Yarborough

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
FortRecovery, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Thank you for your great review. Yes, we go back to 1999. We also know your children, and now your grandchildren as well and equally enjoy your “newsletters” of the important happenings in your lives. Thank you so much for continuing your relationship with us and still enjoying Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel. We look forward to the time when the family can have a reunion at the Fort. Thank you for everything. Anita
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We visited Fort Recovery July 19-24, 2014. I'm appalled in the way they treat their guests. We booked this resort over others b/c of the excellent customer service reviews but unfortunately we did not experience this. I could write a mile long review complaining about everything we experienced but I will keep it to biggest issues we had. A few hours after checking out/departing from the hotel/island we received a phone call from the front desk claiming we had done 2 things: left without properly checking out and not paying our final bill (dinner we had one night for $135) & that we stole a used bed pillow from our room. I informed them that we did check out and I had the receipt to prove that we had paid our final bill and that there was no way nor reason as to why I would steal a used bed pillow from them. I was completely in shock and highly offended at these accusations. We also had an issue with house keeping the morning we were leaving. Check out was at 11 so we had a taxi sched to pick us up at 11 and we were relaxing in our room for the last few mins we had. At about 10:25 a.m. a lady from house keeping came in and said we needed to leave bc she needed to clean the room bc other people would be checking in that evening. I told her would be leaving shortly and she just mumbled something to me under her breath. We also witnessed the lady at reception chew out another employee bc he "wasted" a piece a paper. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this resort to my worst enemy based on the our stay. My advice would be to stay on Long Bay area!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
FortRecovery, Owner at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I cannot begin to tell you how sorry and appalled I am for the treatment you received at Fort Recovery Beachfront Villas and Suites hotel on Tortola, British Virgin Islands. In view of the fact that I am the owner, I take full responsibility for the recent hiring of a part time employee at Front Desk with such “bad taste.” That was my bad judgment call.
I would never have known of this incident happening if I didn’t read it in Trip Advisor. Rest assured, you did the right thing, because the very point of telling the whole world about your dreadful experience is the very thing that makes us successful. It keeps us striving to be better in every way, and Trip Advisor is one of our most important tools. How did this happen?
I hired a part-time worker, who probably wanted to impress management, became overzealous and thought they were being superefficient. Obviously, they had no awareness that the hotel business is a service business and to please the customer is our goal. Yes, my mistake. I took it further and found out yes, you paid your bill that was presented to you in full. The restaurant brought in a check for an extra order of Key Lime Pie after you departed for $6.00. It wasn’t more than 5 minutes later that one of our housekeeping employees brought in a pillow and said the second pillow was not anywhere in the unit. Now the only objection I had which doesn’t compare to your rightful anger towards us is that the pillow you’re referring to was not a used bed pillow, but two throw pillows from a prominent East Indian designer collection. I had never believed you stole anything. Do you really believe that I would jeopardize our good standing with Trip Advisor and purposely call you on the telephone for $6.00 and for a misplaced pillow that can be anywhere?
However harmful this review may be to us you were definitely justified in reporting these incidents to us. It was also helpful to know our employee’s priorities were questionable, but I am really sorry about the fact that you were the recipient of this dreadful experience. I may add that my judgment left a lot to be desired and we did correct the fact that the employee has been removed from the Front Desk and is happy enough in housekeeping with our laundry.
Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We arrive in June, we were lucky with the weather.
The reception was very welcomy ,it was the 2nd time i went to Tortola and first time it was to Long Bay Beach and the people were not welcomy so we decide to change for the 2 nd time it was paradise, everything was perfect , when you enter to ths hotel it is like your home , it was very important for us to be quiet too, we have no noise.
Every day the cleaning is perfect. This hotel has a lot of advantages at first : the view is so fantastic, all the beautiful animals you can see : browns pelicans ,seagulls ..... and you have all these beautifuls flowers too.... You have the foot fast in the sea, what 's a pleasure for us to have breakfast in the terrace,you have everything you need in the kitchen so you can cook when you want ..... If you need some informations about food or anything else you have a good receptionnist : Pamela , she was very kind with us and it is a pleasure to talk about all the beautifuls things you can do and eat in Tortola ,we have good memories with her, it is important when you arrive ,you can trust her. I can't forget Anita, a beautiful woman who was so important for us too , for her the owner of this hotel is that their customers have good holidays , every day we see her and it was a real pleasure to see her smile and to talk about Tortola , this is the best hotel for sure we come back as soon it will be possible, 16 days was a dream everyone in this hotel was nice .Thanks for everything we never forget these holidays see you soon and take care.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in front of the sea but all are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

just got back from my vacation, i've got nothing but great things to say about our stay at Fort Recovery. All of the staff members have been nothing but kind to us. Ann, Mia, Pam and of course Rita were all so helpful. Whenever we ran into any problems, they went above and beyond to help us so that we could enjoy our trip to the fullest.

I'm glad i picked a hotel far away from the bustling and hustling from road town. soper's hole is a short 5 min drive with beautiful sunset, a bit far from the airport but totally worth it for the peace and serenity.

We stayed here twice during this trip in room 2 and 5 on the top floor. both were very clean with great beachfront views. i sincerely enjoyed meeting all the staff members and will definitely miss them.

my only real recommendation is if they would make the hotel sign a little bigger, it would be much easier to find esp late night lol

don't forget us Rita !!!! i will be contacting you in the near future

xoxo Stacy & Christy june-july 2014

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Fort Recovery offers well maintained grounds and well appointed villas. This was our second stay and each time the top notch staff made our visit a true pleasure. Rita and Pamela were so helpful with their advice regarding: where to dine; shop and swim. The peaceful atmosphere and immaculate semi-shaded pool were well-appreciated after swimming in the clear water on the sandy beach. We enjoyed the wonderful water views and Caribbean breezes from our porch. There were an amazing amount of different flowering bushes and towering coconut trees of many varieties. Our villa was air-conditioned and we had total privacy; yet could socilaize if we wanted. We are ready to make plans for our next stay. Thank you Fort Recovery!

Walter and Mary Ann

Room Tip: all villas are nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!