We just stayed at Fort Recovery for a second time. It was the peak of low-season, so the island and most places were quiet and many closed, but we had an excellent time. My wife, and two daughters (ages 3 and 5) stayed in the two bedroom suite with full kitchen and loved it. It's such a nice and mellow place and the staff is great. Rooms were cleaned every day and they made sure our villa was in great order when we returned in the evenings. We spent most of our days out and about, checking out all of the beaches, sites, restaurants, and the Baths on Virgin Gorda, but they have a pool, a decent little quiet beach, a spa, and a restaurant if you want to be mellow and stay in at the hotel.
I like the West End of Tortola, it's mellow, and close to Smuggler's Cove, Cane Garden Bay, and the West End port. You can hop over to Jost Van Dyke in 15 minutes on a Ferry. There are also some good places to eat near by like Fish n' Lime Inn (the old Jolly Rogers), Soapers Hole, and across the hill is Sebastians. We flew into St. Thomas and took the ferry to West End. Denzil Kline has a nice local jeep rental place close by, and will pick you up at the port upon your arrival.
Fort Recovery is a great place to stay, and I highly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa And Suites Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel Road Town
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa Hotel
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Fort Recovery Beachfront
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel Tortola/Road Town
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel is a small, unique hotel located on Tortola, British Virgin Islands and is family owned & operated since 1969. Chosen by Discovery's Travel Channel, Fort Recovery was the only Hotel Selected on Tortola for their exclusive Caribbean showcase. They were also chosen as the Captain's Guide Magazine's "Best Resort," by the Reader's of the Captain's Guide Magazine. All suites are directly on the beach with Cable TV, A/C, free WI-FI, housekeeping, private balcony/patio/deck, living room, kitchen, master bedroom, full bathroom and more. Views are unmatched and completely unobstructed, right on the calm, Caribbean side of Tortola. On site is a full service Spa with professionally trained staff. There is an in-house, private restaurant also serving breakfast and dinner daily. 24/7 on-site management and knowledgeable front desk staff are always there at your service! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.