“Stands for its name...Beach version of A Night on Elm Street” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Elm Beach Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Road Town
Elm Beach Suites
You added Elm Beach Suites to your Saves list
Cane Garden Bay, Road Town, Tortola   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Road Town
California
“Stands for its name...Beach version of A Night on Elm Street”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

I recently stayed here with my friend and literally did regret paying all that money.
1. Super dirty rooms - we had cockroaches in our first room and had to go to another room which had ants. When we complained about this, housekeeper told us to wait for the manager who was playing music in a band during that time and never showed up.
2. The Rooms are very humid and smells like mold. Old tile floors, dirty dark curtains, an air conditioner that is loud and old fashoned and more...
3. The Staff is never around - god forbid you need something.
4. The Staff behave like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay at this place (i dont even consider it as a hotel)
5. Both rooms we stayed had dirty beds and sheets.

Overall, it might be our luck that everything went wrong but I really would not suggest anyone to stay here. For the amount of money you'd be paying, you can stay at so many other yet nicer places. There is even a hotel called Myett's just next door which has a lot more to offer if you really want to stay around Cane Garden Bay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I have to agree with the last review. It's just not what it used to be and after 3 trips to Tortola in the past 6 years, this will be the last time we stay at Elm Beach. I thought the last reviewer (who had also stayed there previously and was always happy with it in the past) was maybe expecting too much or something like that so I ignored the review. Was that ever a mistake! I should have listened to her faithfully. The change was so radical that I asked the people at Myett's (the much nicer place next door where we will be staying next time) if the Elm Beach had changed owners but they said no. They implied that the owners had simply changed the way they did business, and that it was inexplicable to them also. My recommendation for anyone heading to Tortola is to stay at Myett's.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

This review really troubles me. My husband and I have been going to Elms off and on for 11 years every Thanksgiving. I agree no Four Seasons back then but now it just a mess. We were always welcomed by Jackie and Sandra, exchanging Christmas cards and the welcome of Jackies baby daughter.

We took a chance 11 years ago on ELMS, loved Cane GardenBay, the beach and the great restuarents. Kept coming back, there were sea grapes, beautiful view, clean grounds, the rooms kept up and of course the roosters woke us up. I told my friends "I found my slice of Paradise"

It changed about 5 years ago, the hurricane left a gaping hole in front of the property,(still there) Elvert left to "run a resort" and the cruise lines found a a beautiful beach to bring in a few hundred people a day.

ELM's was the greatest on Cane Garden Bay. Quitos was going condo, Myetts was always overpriced. Rhymers was always just a little shoddy. Always great BBQ at ELMS

We did a family cuise this July, we rented a 4 x 4 and drove to ELMS, It was still a mess, worse then 3 years ago. We met our buddies, Juian, Jackie. So sad to see this once lovely b and b run down. We did not see the rooms, the exterior spoke for itself.

Going back to Tortola this Thanksgiving, a first in 3 years, but not staying at ELMs

• Liked — Close to Beach,entertainament
  • Disliked — property maintance
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

I have stayed at Elm Beach many times and have never been let down. Jackie is wonderful and she even sent us a Christmas card with a nice little note in it. I have also stayed in villas all over the island and had friends and family stay at Elm beach and none have complained due to the location and the price.If you are looking for a resort accomadation do not stay here. If you want to hang with the locals this is the place. We have met many wonderful people and taken boat trips to Jost with Baby Bull (Julian) he runs a chair stand in a little beach shack in front of Elm that always has an interesting crowd of locals to talk to. If you are a light sleeper I would advise bringing ear plugs not that the place is noisy,but the whole island is covered with chickens that begin crowing around 5am.

• Stayed November 2007
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

Overall the Elm Beach Suites was a nice place to stay. The staff was proficient and ensured our needs were met. The grounds were clean and well kept. Great views!! The rooms were clean, decent sized, but nothing really stood out (positively or negatively). The location was great as there were great restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend for families and couples get-aways. Not really a place for boaters or people getting ready for a charter.

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — Average overall
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Webster, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

We stayed at the Elms for the second time the last week in March. You cannot beat the location in CGB of this place nor the warm and friendlay staff that work here. Upon our arrival we were warmly greated by Jackie and shown to our room. As it had been on our last stay yhe room was clean, neat and comfortable.

Just a great atmosphere, great food and wonderful people. We will return again!

• Stayed March 2008
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

Wow, what a disappointment and terrible way to end our perfectly wonderful trip to Tortola and the BVIs. Our "suite", the Tamarind, had interesting "views" out every window. A concrete block building about 3 feet away on one side, a sewer and junk yard out the bedroom window, and just a peak of the ocean between run down buildings with junk and trash piled everywhere out the front. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the Four Seasons kind of gal. My very favorite accommodations when we travel is a little, cheap, oceanfront condo. This was that, but dirty, run down and disgusting. When people recommended Elm Beach Suites to me they referred to it as funky. It's funky alright, and so much more. So funky that we spent as little time there as possible. We tried to sit and read one night on the sheet covered couch, but realized it was broken. The bed was comfortable, but the threadbare sheets and bedspread made me queasy. The filthy bathroom was so gross I put paper on the seat before sitting down. The shower head was broken but the drizzle that did come out was at least warm. My dear hubby fixed all the "issues" that he could and we made the best of our time there by staying out on the beach until it was time to go to bed.

Another interesting tidbit. Even though we had booked our reservations back in early December and I emailed the office shortly before departing for Tortola and got a confirmation that our reservation was booked, when we arrived, they had no record of us contacting them at all. In retrospect, I should have viewed that as an omen.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — It felt dirty.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Elm Beach Suites? Share your experiences!