We thought that this was an excellent place to stay on Tortolla: we loved it and had one of our best vacations ever.
1. The beach is exceptionally good.
2. The hotel is right on the beach.
3. The resort has a wonderful setting in a relatively secluded valley, and the resort has beautiful grounds with flame trees.
4. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.
5. Pool is good and has a bar and restaurant in the pool.
1. It is about 30 minute taxi to Road Town. For 4 people was $60 one way and $40 back.
2. Buy groceries and drinking water in Road Town.
3. Nice Volleyball court.
1. There is nothing else around (great) but it means you would need a taxi to get a meal at a non-resort restaurant.
2. The resort does not provide drinking water! Which means that you need to purchase each bottle...better to purchase water in road town and bring it or better still, the resort should provide drinking water.
Specifics for our trip.
1. We were the only ones staying in the resort, which probably had about 100 rooms! So it was fantastic to have the entire resort to ourselves.
2. We received a free upgrade to a larger villa.
3. We were there in north american summer (July). The beach was lovely and there were even body-surfable waves that were really good. But the staff told me that the sea was quite rough in winter.
4. Probably owing to the lack of other guests, the restaurant was running with a skeleton menu. i.e. 5 choices, 3 of which were pizza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lambert Beach Resort is located on the Eastern End of Tortola, British Virgin Island sloping towards the sea.Lambert Beach had thirty eight rooms and suites located in gardens , each bedroom has its own outside verandah.We offer three types of room, Beach Front Rooms are on the beach and face the water.Garden View Rooms face away from the beach and into the gardens.Garden Superior Rooms face the water but are set back in the gardens.Units are in villas , some with suites and connecting doorways for those needing more than one bedroom.Lambert Beach is almost half a mile long and is one of the Caribbean's most beautiful beaches,this spectacular beach is also home to the famous leather back turtles during the April - June nesting season , if one is lucky to see these turtles on the beach in preparation for nesting , it is truly an amazing sight! This combination of sparkling white sand , lush flowering vegetation and a pool ( considered one of the largest in Tortola) with a swim up bar, combine to provide the perfect escape from the bustling capital Tortola which is only fifteen minutes away by car.Guests can enjoy poolside parties , beach volleyball , tennis and day tours of beautiful Tortola. We also cater for events such as weddings , anniversaries , birthday parties , baby showers and seminars . Our friendly front desk clerk will provide you with all the information you need for a memorable vacation at Lambert Beach Resort.Our Turtle Restaurant and bar is only a stone's throw away from the beach and our guests can enjoy a beautiful view of the beach as our chef, bartenders and staff delight guests with exotic blends and a variety of dishes for breakfast , lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Lambert Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lambert Beach Hotel Tortola
- Lambert Beach Tortola
- Lambert Beach Resort Tortola, British Virgin Islands