“Five days of bliss” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Myett's Garden and Grille

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tortola
Myett's Garden and Grille
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola   |
Ranked #5 of 28 hotels in Tortola
Barrington, RI
“Five days of bliss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just returned from a five night stay at Myett's, and had an absolute blast! A couple of not-so-great things to get out of the way...practically no water pressure in the shower, no TV (which would come in handy for me when I have insomnia at night), and cruise ship passengers who over-run Cane Garden Bay. With that said, the good totally outweighed the bad, and we would go back in a minute. Myett's is a very laid-back, place with only six rooms. We could look right into the open-air restaurant/bar from our balcony and wave to the staff. If you want very upscale, this might not be the place for you, but if you crave a more authentic atmosphere, it totally fits the bill. We loved the barefoot beach vibe, and the staff was great...especially bartenders Vishall (spelling?) and Prince. Locals frequent Myett's happy hours, making our vacation so much more enjoyable. Cane Garden Bay is such a fun spot in the evening for music, food and happy hours. Myett's is the kind of place where you begin your trip as a stranger, and leave with new friends. We loved it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spent three nights here following a ten day family cruise on a catamaran. we were allocated room 6. What a joy, built in the trees literally, Complementary milk,( proper pack) tea and coffee and a bottle of rum, The room was massive with two 5ft. Beds, two sofas loads of drawer and wardrobe space plus a table and chairs, it was that large. A lovely wooden balcony on three sides with the tree foliage all round plus tree frogs singing at night. The double glazing stopped them intruding on our sleep. The food was very good and the staff very friendly and helpful. The whole hotel has a real family feel, nothing is too much trouble. If you can visualise the perfect tropical beach location , this is it!!! No need for a smimming pool the beach is 3 steps down from the dining room and the water id clean and , safe and warm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Road Town, Tortola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Yust a short one...

It was really nice! Location great, staff friendly food SUPER!
Just when the cruise liner tourists come you need to hide as the beach then is FULL! On no cruise liner days as nice as it can be :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Cane Garden bay is an excellent place to stay on Tortola because it is centrally located. Really you need a rental car to get around. We stayed at Myett's and ate most dinners there. The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy.

The restaurant is excellent, but a bit expensive, but most dining on Tortola is expensive.

The beach at Cane Garden Bay is nice, but there are other beaches on the island. I recommend trying to see all of them. Get out of CGB when there's a cruise ship.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I took our boat from St. Thomas over to Cane Garden Bay for a full moon party at the Bomba Shack (Apple Bay). We anchored up directly in front of Myett's with no problem. As soon as we checked in, Kim, treated us like Gold! Showed us around, gave us the rundown of the hotel, and explained their green initiatives regarding water and power conservation. Our room was fantastic, 20 foot ceilings, comfy king bed, great little balcony with partial ocean view, wet bar, fridge with a couple of FREE waters and soda's, a nice collection of tourist pamphlets and need to know info, and a FREE bottle of Myetts's Rum!!

They have a great happy hour with live music, be it a DJ or band, good reggae music either way. We had Dinner as well; Cracked Conch was excellent, reminded me of my childhood in the Bahamas, perfectly mashed and Fried!! We also had Ribs and Pasta, both good, huge portions. We proceeded to the Shack with full belly's, had an excellent time, got back to Myetts's around 2am and passed out in our comfy, cold room!

The next morning was not the best, a little hungover! No problem! Kim directed us to the gift shop for Tylenol and to the bar for breakfast Quesadillas and Bloody's! She also gave us a and extra hour to check out, which was very helpful! Off to Jost Van Dyke for Sunday Funday after that!!

Thanks again to Kim and the Myett's Staff for such wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here 9/4/12 for one night. Took the ferry from St. Thomas. The cab ride to Cane Garden Bay was about $20-$22. If more people are going, it tends to be cheaper.

Overall, for the money, it's a great place. I think I went during the wrong time.

ROOM:
Got there early in the morning, was able to check right in because the place was empty. Valerie, one of the owners was fantastic. She walked me to my very large room (#5) and wished me well. Each room comes with complimentary waters, soda and a bottle of rum. They are very clean.

There was a storm the week before (Isaac), so the mosquitoes were everywhere. As soon as I walked in the room, they swarmed me. I tried to kill as many as I could, but it was useless. I gave up after about 20 mins and decided to grab a quick shower before I went to the beach. Unfortunately, the water was brown and wasn't getting better. Spoke to Valerie and she gave me another room that was on the other side, above the office/bar/kitchen.

The next room (#1 aka Dick's Place) was 3 flights up a kinda scary (not lit at night) stairwell full of mosquitoes. It faces (but you can't see) the ocean, has a wonderful large balcony, but is above the kitchen vent which was blowing the exhaust up to the balcony. Always smelled like food. I entered and there was a number of light switches that did nothing, the ceiling fan wasn't working and the a/c unit oscillating louvers were broken off and the unit wasn't powerful enough to cool the room quickly. By the next morning, the unit was leaking all over the floor.

That night I was attacked by mosquitoes. It was so bad, they started biting my face. I had to sleep completely covered. By the time I woke up, I was covered with bites. I think if the a/c was working better, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Shower wasn't bad, but wasn't good either.

BEACH/BAR:
The beach was really nice and clean. The staff at the bar (Marsha especially) was phenomenal. Food was delicious and the drinks were yummy. They had a guitarist playing touristy music at sunset, it was cute. Had a chance to chat with Valerie, who is such a great person. I wish I could have been there when it's packed.

STAFF:
Amazing, amazing, amazing! So attentive, office called a cab for me, checked on the ferry schedule.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here with three other girlfriends for a 10 day break on the beautiful island of Tortola. Myetts is on the delightful Cane Garden Bay and offers fantastic accommodation and a great bar and restaurant too. The huge room had two comfortable queen sized beds and was spotlessly clean and well provisioned with thoughtful touches of providing water, coffee and a BOTTLE of rum and sodas. The rooms were cleaned daily and it was easy to get ice and anything else that was needed from the bar downstairs. The hotel is run by Sandman, Kareem and Val who are delightful hosts and make you feel welcome and all the staff are great. Customer service is number one in Myetts and whether you are enjoying breakfast, lunch or dinner or the famous happy hour - you are made to feel special. great service at the bar from Prince whose welcoming smile is always there. The office provides great service - especially Cheryl - and advice on all matters and plenty of computers offer internet access if you dont avail yourself of the free wifi. Sunsets are unrivalled from Myetts deck and coincide with Happy Hour - which welcomes holidaymakers and locals alike and there is always the sound of surf, music and laughter and the clink of glasses. Congratulations to Myetts for maintaining the highest of standards that keep enticing us back to the islands to enjoy the real Caribbean experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Myett's Garden and Grille? Share your experiences!