“Brunswick Stew” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 114 restaurants in Tortola
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Offering a variety of dishes from handmade pizzas, local lobster and fish, Indian curries and ever changing daily specialties to a keep the menu lively. Enjoy one of our many beer selections while relaxing to the sounds of the sea...We boast a large selection, perhaps the largest in the country as we are told. For those who prefer a glass or bottle of wine we have a nice selection covering many varieties. Our wine selection is dynamic and always evolving. We look forward to seeing you soon....
Arlington, Virginia
“Brunswick Stew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Authentic and absolutely amazing. Reminded me of childhood Sunday dinners after church in Alabama. Unforgettable taste.

81% Recommend
South Orange County, CA
“Best restaurant on Tortola!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I just spent 10 days on Tortola and had six meals at Cruzin’ Bar & Grille in Carrot Bay (just off the main road between Sebastian’s and Bananakeet). We would have had many more, but they’re not open for breakfast, and they’re closed on Mondays. (“I don’t like Mondays…”)

This was by far our favorite restaurant on the island. They had very friendly, prompt and accommodating service; an extensive menu that’s available at both lunch and dinner; reasonable prices; a pleasant island atmosphere, a top-notch rum punch in a large glass; and, most important, excellent, yummy food. (We recommended the restaurant to practically every person we met, and they all loved it as much as we did.) Oh, and they have flat-screen TVs for game days.

Their menu ranges from burgers, ribs, tacos, and pizza to fresh fish dishes, roti, steak, and lobster. They have something for everyone—even ultra-picky eaters like my husband.

Every single thing I ate at Cruzin’ was delicious:

1. Chicken Roti (a West-Indian “burrito” with chicken and potatoes in a curry sauce)
2. Shrimp Roti (same as above but with shrimp)
3. Pizza: Thin, crispy crust with a wide selection of toppings; I chose blue cheese and bacon—twice. (I am going to crave that for months.)
4. Chicken Tacos (they make their own tortillas)
5. Fresh Lobster (a HUGE lobster grilled perfectly with garlic butter; I chose loaded mashed potatoes as my side dish, which I highly recommend)

My husband particularly enjoyed their ribs. (He tried the ribs at nearly every restaurant we went to.) They were super tender with a delicious spicy sauce.

One more thing: This is a very social place, where locals, ex-pats, and tourists hang out and chat. We met MANY pleasant people and friendly characters at Cruzin’. The owner, Mac, and the chef, Jean, are both awesome too.

The only thing I don't like about Cruzin' is that it's 2,000 miles away from my house.

• Visited December 2013
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Rotis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you're spending more than a day on Tortola and have a car so you can get here (it's a little out of the way) I'd highly recommend dinner at Cruzin. The roti the chef cooks up is amazing, and she also makes her own hot sauces, among other things. Menu changes daily from what I hear and is presented on a chalk board when you walk in. It's pretty inexpensive too. Outside seating and a decent across-the-street view of Carrot Bay. Great selection of craft beers also, which is pretty rare to find in the BVI. Another chef we met in Road Town told us to go here; said she was the best cook on the island.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Fresh and delicious....you have to try Cruzin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were in Long Bay for 10 days and we ate at Cruzin three times. Their Roti's are the best I have ever had! They have a nice diverse menu with something for everyone. Steaks, fish, ribs, Roti and excellent pizza. We also had a yummy salad with grilled shrimp and a kiwi dressing. I am happy to say that everything we tried was tasty. Cruzin is a small restaurant/bar with a nice casual atmosphere. Very convenient to Smugglers, Long Bay, Apple Bay and Cane Garden. Great for families and couples.

• Visited November 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Carrot Bay Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Marvelous little roadside bar & restaurant..stopped for lunch one afternoon and came back for a grilled lobster dinner on Thanksgiving. Jean is a wonderful cook and the recipes from Mac's mom are yummy ( roasted garlic corn chowder was oh so good!). Felt like we were part of the neighborhood :)

Make sure you try the homemade hot pepper sauce - a real kick ( we even managed to get a bottle home in our suitcase)!

• Visited November 2013