Have been here for a week. The property is beautiful and the staff are friendly and helpful. There are two restaurants, one more dressy than the other. Both offer a good selection of meats, seafood and vegetarian. The entire island is the resort. You can walk from one side to the other in about 20 minutes if you would like. Most people use the ever present shuttle. The beach on the opposite side has a grill where food and drink is available all day. The beach allows you to feel as if you are on your own secluded hideaway. The chaise lounges are set in pairs nestled along the beach on small platforms but are surrounded by vegetation on three sides, nothing else is in sight. It is you and the beach. If you want more civilization back at the grill area there is small pool and about 10 chaise lounges
Wednesday night we enjoyed the pig roast on the beach, the pork was great, there was also mahi mahi and chicken.
Very easy to get off the island on the complimentary shuttle to explore Tortola and off site restaurants, Marina Cay and the Last Resort we're some good ones we tried.
There is plenty of activity at the resort if you would like.
I always read reviews before I go to a resort and the high number of excellent reviews were well deserved. I always read the Poor ratings as well, not sure if they were at the same resort.
The only caution I do have is that there are a number of staircases in different spots. These seemed to be poorly lit and the rise between steps is not uniform, so I saw a number of people stumble.. Be cautious!
Over all a beautiful resort, and fabulous location. Fly Seaborne airlines out of San Juan I takes about had the time of Cape Air
- Also Known As:
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Tortola
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa And Marina
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is a luxury private island resort located one mile offshore from Tortola's Beef Island Airport. The resort features 50 guest rooms, one and two bedroom suites, 2 restaurants, 3 bars, 2 swimming pools, resort spa, 55 slip marina, gourmet market & cafe, boutique, onsite dive shop and 3 pristine beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.