Stayed at Scrub Island back in July with my Fiancee from Jul 9 to 12 and again from Jul 15 to 17. We absolutely loved this property. First and foremost, kudos to the staff. Everything was top notch. As we arrived at the marina, there was a young woman with a tray ready to serve us rum punches, very nice touch, just like you would see on TV. During our stay we had tremendous service from the staff. By the second day, they were all addressing us by name, again, a very nice touch. There were so many people we want acknowledge for their good service, so I hope I don't forget someone. These folks include: Renie, Afeschia, Kimberly, Debbie, Jenny, Jennifer, Everson (great drinks), Melissa, Devon, Dale, Chef Steve and Executive Chef Davide.
We spent a lot of time at the upper level pool with the infinity edge. When you are there, you will know why and what I mean! Tremendous views to take in while sipping on your favorite beverage. We found many people doing the exact same thing! Met a lot of folks who were there for the day while stopping their boat at the marina.
Our room was very nicely appointed. All rooms have a view our the marina. Ours had a nice balcony to sit and watch the boats pass by. Great for drying wet clothes. Bathroom was spacious with separate tub and shower.
The food at Tierra Tierra is quite good had most of our lunches there. The buffet they do once a week for dinner was excellent.
Had a couple dinners at Caravela, outstanding food and service.
We also did the Pig Roast at North Beach and the Wine Pairings dinner. What a blast! We were part of a group of 10 who did the wine pairings dinner and we got quite loud. Chef Davide told us the room was soundproof, but I'm not so sure!
The beach near the pool as well as North Beach and Honeymoon beach are all quite small. But they are also quiet, so makes for very relaxing hours.
If I were to request 1 change it would be to improve the pillows on the bed. This was our only complaint. Too soft and they easily flatten out when you rest your head on them.
We would DEFINITELY return to Scrub Island and were sad to leave. The property is ideal and worth the price.
- Also Known As:
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Tortola
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa And Marina
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is a luxury private island resort located one mile offshore from Tortola's Beef Island Airport. The resort features 50 guest rooms, one and two bedroom suites, 2 restaurants, 3 bars, 2 swimming pools, resort spa, 55 slip marina, gourmet market & cafe, boutique, onsite dive shop and 3 pristine beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.