The Scrub Island Hotel is a really beautiful property. We stayed in a suite that was roomy, spotless, and had a wonderfully large balcony with comfortable seating and an outstanding view of the marina. Any hotel on any Islland in the BVI really requires you to enjoy being out on the water, and we did that for 5 of 7 days of our trip. The Dive BVI shop has dialy excursions for both snorkelers and divers and is tied in to the hotel which makes scheduling your trip easy and accessible. The trails around the island are great if you are into hiking or running up hills and provide spectacular views. The ferry back and forth to Tortola is always on time and the crew are helpful and friendly. The staff at the hotel were also very friendly and polite, and for Islanders, quite attentive compared to other places we've stayed in the Carribean.
The biggest drawback is you are stuck on the island and the only way to anywhere is by ferry with multiple connections if you want to go anywhere outside of the little podunk town where the ferry lands you. The food at the hotel is ok, but nothing too exciting. The concensus among those of us there is to avoid the indoor Italian Restuarant and just eat outside of the bar area. the property is virtually dead during the daytime as most everyone is off on a boat somewhere, but around 4-5 o' clock a dozen or two boats dock at the hotel marina and use the hot tub, pool and restaurants. It makes the hotel come to life, but the hot tub gets overly crowded and if you don't already have a ounger you can forget finding one.
- Also Known As:
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Tortola
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa And Marina
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is a luxury private island resort located one mile offshore from Tortola's Beef Island Airport. The resort features 50 guest rooms, one and two bedroom suites, 2 restaurants, 3 bars, 2 swimming pools, resort spa, 55 slip marina, gourmet market & cafe, boutique, onsite dive shop and 3 pristine beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.