We are so impressed with this place we are reviewing it before we leave! First the people here are all so friendly, happy, and helpful. The airport pickup, the market, the boat rides to and from, the taxi rides and of course the resort itself everyone is not only polite but genuinely happy to help you.
We were greeted at the resort at the dock with a delicious and cold beverage which was great after the warm , but beautiful ride from Tortola. Celena was awesome helping us check in and showing us the amenities on the island. Once settled we enjoyed one of the best views from our very large and posh room. We purchased our trip from luxury link and were slightly concerned we would get the least popular room. No way! In room 1021 we were very close to the restaurant and pool area, but even on Superbowl Sunday we were never disturbed by the low noise level. We read in other reviews that this place is a ghost town. It was part of why we chose this resort instead of the Ritz in Grand Cayman. If you are looking for a wild and party filled location you may be disappointed, however if you are interested in somewhere beautiful and tranquil to relax and getaway this is where you want to be! On our first day we decided to take kayaks to Honeymoon beach. Corolla and Joevanni at the activity desk were great! They sent us off with towels and simple directions for our tandem kayak. It was a small beach, but so secluded. We were the only ones there the whole time. It felt like our own private island. Again no parties or big social hour, but that's exactly what we were looking for! Breakfast here is the same, only a few people out on the beautiful patio overlooking the harbor and part of Tortola. The food here has been very goodl! I'm a huge eggs Benedict fan, but very picky about my hollandaise sauce. They must make theirs from scratch; it's one of the best I've had! My husband did wish his bacon was crispier, but still good. We haven't had dinner here yet so I cant mention that in this review. It has been so wonderful having our own kitchen. After a day in the sun a simple bowl of pasta and veggies was great out on our veranda. We aren't the dress up type so it's been really awesome to have our own area to be relaxed and ourselves. We do hear some banging in the morning around 9am but not too bad. Overall this place has been incredible! We hope to post again after we are home, if things change we will mention it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina is a luxury private island resort located one mile offshore from Tortola's Beef Island Airport. The resort features 50 guest rooms, one and two bedroom suites, 2 restaurants, 3 bars, 2 swimming pools, resort spa, 55 slip marina, gourmet market & cafe, boutique, onsite dive shop and 3 pristine beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina Hotel Tortola
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa And Marina
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection Tortola, British Virgin Islands