This review will give an accurate comparison for those that commonly go to large resorts with many ammenities. First, remember that you are in the islands, and it is not the USA, not Mexico or Bermuda. The BVI are beautiful but you need to check your impatience at the door when arriving. Here goes:
Location: Excellent, gorgeous views towards Jost Van Dyke. Taxi service is expensive so if you want to explore, rent a jeep which costs about $50 per day but its worth it because there are great beaches to explore.
Room: do not, repeat, do not take rooms by the beach. They are dated, smelly, in severe need of updating. Hillside Ocean View Deluxe was very good. Water is a bit slow but was sufficient.
Food: we ate every morning at the beach cafe, right on the beach. Good buffet, service slow (what else is new). If not on a package, breakfast is expensive... try $75 for 4 every day...ouch. Dinner in the Palm Terrace was very good but decor was drab. Many better restaurants to explore out of the resort. Go to Coco Plums, Pisces, Jolly Roger, Quito's,Sugar Mill..explore... its cheaper and much better. We had a package that included 2 dinners...wish we did not..
Service: slow, just as expected. Rooms were cleaned superficially. They add 10% service fee to all charges which is annoying. I usually did not add anything more because no one really went out of their way to assist us. The people are lovely , but some management training could make this resort top notch.
Pool: large by island standards...very clean, decent pool bar but again VERY slow..order food 30 minutes before you get hungry.
Overall: I think we would return, include room and maybe breakfast or rent one of their villas and eat breakfast in, but who really wants to do that any way? Rent a car, explore Cane Garden Bay, Smugglers Bay, Josiah Bay, Sage Mtn Park. Nice that the resort had access to rental cars and some excursions right from the resort. If you're looking for a resort type hotel in the islands and you have been to the BVI before, you will get what you expect. If you have been to Beaches, Iberostar or other all inclusives and expect that much, you probably should not go here. But the beaches and the views are incredible! You are paying for location and beauty, not service and accessability. Hope this helps....
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.