“just gotta go here” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“just gotta go here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Crazy beachside bar with lots of local flavor and quite an assortment of cast off undergarments and odd photos! DO OT BRING THE KIDS...unless they are college students looking for a funky bar.

Visited November 2012

Boston
“A landmark on the island that's just "ok"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We weren't there for a full moon party so maybe my review might be different if we were. We visited on a Sunday night around 10. There was a band playing and the drinks were cold. Indeed there are panties hanging around the shack (and that is exactly what it is) and it is certainly a unique place but considering it cost us over $40 in a cab ride to get there, I'm not really sure I can say it was all that worth it. If you don't want to spend the money on a cab, you're not missing much if you skip it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Danvers, Massachusetts
“As local as you can get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I'm not really sure what more this place offers than drinks & music. I went on the full moon party night and I think they may have been cooking food for the party. The problem is, the party doesn't start till 10 and I'm an old fart. But 40 yrs ago this would've been my kind-a-place.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“If you've never been anywhere before, you might think this place is cool.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had heard about Bomba's before we arrived so popped down there one evening to see what it was like. Yes, it's a shack, yes it's on the beach, yes they've got photos of girls on the walls, pants hanging around and sexist graffiti - one sign in particular stated that the men there would have sex with your wives or girlfriends if you didn't! ... But it's all a bit over rated. We're from England, we go to festivals - we are used to being able to drink rum and 'party' listen to music etc.. so we weren't enthralled. We met Bomba. He was incredibly rude to me, I watched him yell at his staff and he is clearly very sexist. We since found out he's not very well liked locally. People haven't got nice things to say about him.
I'm a firm believer in going somewhere to check things out for yourself... so by all means go to Bombas but just expect a drink in a shack by the sea. It's not amazing. The way people rave sbout this place, you expect so much fun when you arrive. But we were disappointed.
In spite of that thought, we still popped back to check out the full moon party, but it was completely full of tourists.... so a bit disappointing.
I'd suggest poppingthere in the daytime. Nice location - view of Jost etc but avoid in the dark, shady people hanging around selling all sorts - not a very friendly family atmosphere. If you want a good party - trellis bay full moon party is much more entertaining, much cheaper too..... we ve enjoyed hanging out at The Taramind and outside Myets at Cane Garden. Go to Origin in town for great cocktails - they make real daiquiris, not the frozen kind... but as I said above, do check out Bombas shack yourself, but don't expect to be impressed... It's not all that? What's all the fuss about?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Swanley, United Kingdom
“Unique!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Sam from BVI 360 stopped off here for my mum and I to see. I had heard about The Shack and wanted to say I had seen it!
I had a cocktail in a plastic cup...but it was nice!! We were the only ones there so we just looked around and saw the many photos- all of which tell a story!! When it's dark I'm sure the parties there are wild but fun!

• Visited April 2012