“Great food, but.....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Brooklyn, NY
“Great food, but.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Me and my fiance' ate there for lunch recently and thought the food was definitely A+. It was a great way to experience the local island cuisine and take a break from the fine french dining in the Grand Case area.

My only complaint is that one of the servers accidentally spilled sauce down my fiance's back staining her blouse and t-shirt. They did apologize, but I felt they should have done a little more. Maybe I am expecting too much, but saying sorry, handing us a couple of napkins and then basically pretending this did not happen afterwards did not make us feel great. Back home, this would have at the very least got my fiance a free meal.

If I was on the island, I would go back, as the food was great, but I just wish they were a little more accommodating about the incident.

Visited December 2012

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were stayed in Grand Case for 6 nights and I think we ate at this Lolo 4 times for lunch or dinner. The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. We would immediately order a Presidente while looking over the large menu selection. We would try a new dish each time we went back. Some of our favorites were the shrimp plate and the dry rub ribs. Oh the ribs were wonderful. We had to order those a few times they were so good. They offer a 1:1 ratio on US dollars to Euros if you use cash. Thank you for $1 Presidentes! This place is an easy choice for authentic food at very reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Be a "local" while on vacation in paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

You will get a lot of very tasty local food for very little money. Ice cold beer for only a dollar. The restaurant is right on the street in beautiful Grand Case. You will feel like you belong here instantly.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, Virginia
“True, Traditional Island Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When the concierge said we really should visit the "LoLos" we had no idea what she was talking about. She explained the "LoLos" were traditional island cooking, prepared in the traditional way. We still didn't understand exactly what she was talking about... Then for dinner we stumbled across "Sky's the Limit." Certainly not like the other restaurants we visited, it is really just a pavilion. All the food is cooked in large grills you can see. The shrimp were very good, my wife loved the mac and cheese (I did too). The plate comes with the meat and a variety of different sides. Each part is very good, but at the end all the different flavors joined.. That was the best.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
High Point, North Carolina
“What a great place--wish it was local to us at home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The saltfish cakes were incredible and the homemade mac and cheese a terrific compliment to the rib plate. I loved having 5 or so sides along with my ribs--just a few bites of each, almost like a holiday dinner! :) The price of everything, from the food to alcohol is very reasonable and the service was terrific too! Make sure not to miss out on this place!

Visited November 2012