“Favorite restaurant on Grand Case” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 57 Restaurants in Grand Case
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Favorite restaurant on Grand Case”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

There’s a lot of great food on Grand Case, so I think it takes something very special to distinguish the top tier restaurants. I believe Le Ti Provencal has that something special. Apart from the outstanding food and wonderful setting by the water, I knew I was being treated as a special guest when I realized half-way through my meal, that the “valet” man I had cornered to park my car was prize winning chef Herve Sageot. He did not hesitate… he took my keys and parked the car. This serving attitude was reflected in all the wait staff we dealt with. There was a slightly irreverent and disarming charm to their service. We had both lunch and my wife’s 60th birthday dinner here. They are known for serving excellent local fish here and we were not disappointed. I was told they are they only restaurant on this strip that specializes in local fish. The queen snapper we shared for lunch was amazing. We also had trigger fish and monk fish for lunch/dinner. Our choice for our last meal on Grand Case was here. Alas, they were closed for lunch that day, so we ate at Tastevin… great food also, but missing the personal connection we experienced at Le Ti Provencal.

• Visited January 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Fresh catch on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This restaurant is fairly new and should be ranked higher. It is rare to find a place right on the beach and away from the traffic of the street. But the real attraction is the fresh local fish. You will not find this meal anywhere else in the world. The fish is usually caught in the afternoon and then presented at your table for you to choose. Exceptional cooking and well prepared.

• Visited December 2012
ma
“great food, beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

this restaurant has wonderful local fish, great service and is right on the beach. the service was great and the food delicious. The actually show you the uncooked fish and explain to you what they are like before you order. I didn't know that parrotfish were edible, but they are as delicious to eat as they are beautiful to see in the coral reef. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited November 2012
Glen Ridge, NJ
“A bit further but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great service, nice variety, specialized in risotto dishes, though I felt mine was too salty, lots of seafood/pasta or risottos and fishes. Stylish and right on the water, yet casual and not stuffy.

Visited January 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Local Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our last night in town. We choose it cause we found that there was a lack of choices of “local” fishes in all the other restaurants. We read reviews that here you can find more local fish to try. The night we went we arrived at 8:30 as we were told without reservation we could find a table at end of eve. We were placed at table 1, facing the beach but too close to kitchen were we heard chef getting made with one waitresses.
The food was good, but they only had snapper and Maui Maui, little disappointment as that was being offered in every other restaurant. Don’t get me wrong food was prepared very well and tasted great but we hoping for more choices. I also got to say that most of the staff were not as enthusiastic as we found staff at other restaurants thought-out the week…might off been on off night…who knows!
Good choice for view, ambience, and food preparation…too bad they don’t take dollar at par for euro.

Visited December 2012