“Magnificent!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 57 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Magnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Jose and Christine continue to provide an amazing dining experience. The setting on the water is perfect and the food to die for. There were four of us dining that night and every course was fabulous. Between the four of us, we had Caesar salad, the duck ravioli special, seared foie gras, filet, snapper and rack of lamb. Julian looked after us so well, very attentive service! Kudos to Le Tastevin. Don't miss an opportunity to dine there!

Visited November 2013

Toulouse, France
“Deserves a Michelin star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner here during our stay at Grand Case Beach Club. Only 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel.
Lovely setting at a table overlooking the beach. The food was superb and service excellent. Not particularly cheap, we had a main and a dessert with a bottle of wine which came to around 55 euros a head, and you could easily end up higher. However, the high standards are definitely worth it.
In Europe this place would be nudging a Michelin star. It seems there are no Michelin starred restaurants here simply because the guide doesn't cover the carribean...
Our view... Give it a try if you're in the area.

New Bern
“A diet deal-breaker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Service, setting and most of all - the food! Nothing left behind! Beautifully presented french deliciousness!

Visited November 2013
“Superior Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was one (two) of the best meals yet ever. We went back. I get around and love my food. It was only a 35 minute drive from Cole Bay on my 5th attempt, I got lost quite a bit. It was worth the effort. The restaurant may have been the most romantic spot I have been for a meal. The food was excellent. The service was superb.

The first visit we asked if it would be alright just to have dessert and coffee. They were very accommodating. Once we were seated and had a spectacular view out over the bay, with white linens, attractive flatware and stemware, we decided to try an appetizer or two first. I had the tempura escargot which was ample, unique, and delicious. My date had the mint wrapped shrimp in vermicelli which was hot, perfectly prepared and presented, and unbelievably good.

They offered to split an entrée for us, and we selected the red snapper, served with a sauce and mushrooms, it will always be my favorite fish and it was perfectly prepared and served. Even though it was a split entrée, we noticed the other table had a similar portion to what each of us had. I cannot guarantee that this will happen to you. We only asked because we had honestly already eaten.

For dessert, I had the pistachio mousse while my friend had the pineapple mousse. I was already selecting my next entrée for my next visit before we left. I did this again the second time too, but ran out of time, or I would have gone again. I had the creamy cold cucumber soup which was a joy and the grouper with mint Moroccan sauce the second time which was fantastic. I had the crunchy banana roll with vanilla ice cream which was noteworthy and exceptional, recommended by the female server. Both servers were absolute professionals. My date had the cream brulee, which was the lightest version I have encountered, like the pineapple mousse, it could float away!

There was a sudden rain storm during our second visit and the manager/owner drew the cotton curtain to shield us from the wind blown rain. As I have said, this was perhaps the most romantic place I have been, which is what I told my date at the time.

I am not certain if I will return to Sint Maarten again, but if I do I will definitely return to Le Tastevin. The drive was a bit over the edge, but it was well worth it, probably an $80 cab fare from the Westin. I have a new standard, however, as a result, to measure all future dining experiences.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“just top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

we had a table on the terase directly on the beach. Lobster soup was fantastic and mean course was even better. I would definetly recommend.

• Visited November 2013