“Perfect, Once Again” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 56 restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Ouvert midi et soir tous les jours, bord de mer .Wifi
Laurel, Maryland
“Perfect, Once Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I'm beginning to feel like a broken record, as I give high marks to the restaurants my husband and I visited in Grand Case. But this was our 3rd trip to Grand Case in 5 years -- and our third visit to Le Tastevin -- so we've learned to pick restaurants. NOt that it's hard to do so in Grand Case.

From the warm welcome, to the amuse bouche of cucumber gazpacho, seafood entrees, and final rum shot, we had a very pleasant seaside dining experience. It's becoming something of a tradition, so I expect we'll return to Le Tastevin when we return to Grand Case.

Visited November 2012

91% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Food, Ambiance, Service - Doesn't get better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stopped here with friends while visiting Grand Cas one evening. Had heard nothing about it. Simply superb. Looked after by 2 brothers and great server staff. Lovely setting. Very romantic. We sat at a table right by the railing over looking the water. With 4 entrees, apps, wine, liquor, etc., the total bill was $440 US (e 370).

Would we go back? Absolutely.

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne
“Wonderful restaurant by the sea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to Le Tastevin on the recommendation of our driver, and it was my birthday dinner. The setting was amazing, right over a beach, with the sound of the waves, and totally open to warm, calm weather. I had the steak, which was a stunning piece of meat, and my friend had a film basket of scallops and prawn, which was in a beautiful sauce..

The whole meal was wonderful, and the service was great... twin brothers served us, which slightly confused us until we realised it was 2 people!

The dessert was also lovely, we had the mango and pineapple crumble, which was fabulous.. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't have a couple of the preferred desserts on that night, but what we had was great.

Happily recommend Le Tastevin to anyone visiting St Maarten - it's worth heading over to Grand Case no matter where you are staying..

• Visited November 2012
Massachusetts
“LeTastevin equally as good as LaVilla with better views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Le Tastevin located in Grand Case based on a recommendation. Outstanding all around experience. View of the ocean was incredible, food was excellent and service was as good as it gets. I had the fillet migon and it was cooked to perfection and tasted even better. My wife had the 3 course meal which included an appetizer, an entree and a desert for $48 Euro which she enjoyed thoroughly. We would highly recommend this restaurant but not a cheap meal even though it is worth every euro. If you liked LaVilla, then you will equally like LeTastevin with a better view. Identical twin brothers run the restaurant and are attentive to your every need.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“tasing menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had the tasting menu with wine pairings. Each course was better than the last, I was so stuffed I would barely walk home after I was done.

Visited March 2012