“What a Great Restaurant!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Grand Case
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“What a Great Restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

It was surely one of the greatest dining experiences in my life! My husband found the place for celebrating my birthday and he did an excellent job! I would definitely recommend their seafood dishes, especially the grilled chilean sea bass. I also would write about the staff, too. Every one of them was friendly and pleasant, and they served each dish at a right time even when it became crowded. At the end, they serve you a whole bottle of rum liqueur (milk strawberry flavor). I must warn you to not drink too much. It's too good!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Suburb and special dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This is our annual special restaurant. The food is superb. The Euro and Dollar are equal here! We decided to go with their 3 course offering. For $49 each, we got to choose 3 courses off the menu. First, on the house, we were served a small portion of this incredible cold soup. Then I started with citrus crusted sea scallops that melted in my mouth. My husband chose the dozen escargot which also melted in your mouth. For our entree, we each got the rack of lamb, medium rare. Cooked perfectly. I got the rack on special and my husband got the rack listed on the menu. It came with mashed sweet potato,a scallion/vegetable pancake and sautéed spinach with slices of garlic. The spinach was so good, that I asked for more. No problem and no extra charge. Dessert was equally outstanding. My husband got the molten chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream, and I got a lemon custard topped with raspberry purée and whipped cream, served with a small scoop of raspberry sorbet. Our dinner ended with different rum liqueurs, which was on the house. Can't wait to return again next year!

Visited March 2014
La Palma, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner with a group of 7. The service was awesome, our waiter was so helpful. The filet was one of the best I've ever had. Best place on the island.

Visited March 2014
Ellisville, Mississippi
“Expected a little more given the reviews...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Service: The host was accomodating and wonderful to everyone. Our server was nice, but I wouldn't say this establishment had 5 star service.

The Food: I was there with my husband. I got the Prix Fixe meal. The escargot was delicious and in a garlic pesto butter. The Seafood Combo with Lobster had perfectly cooked lobster. The scallops and shrimp were good, but nothing memorable. The dollop of potatoes was delicious and the remaining sides on my plate...well, I can't remember which says much. The risotto was too rich, too buttery. I couldn't eat it and I do like risotto. My dessert was the upside down pear tartin. I didn't care for it. The caramel ice was good and the pear consomme was piney, maybe they used gin in it. I like gin, but I didn't care for the pear consomme. I tasted my husband's dessert which was a custard. We both thought it was gritty in texture. The homemade after dinner drink that was complimentary tasted a bit like a harsh pina colada.

The Verdict: I had leftovers from my entree and I gave them to a stray dog that was rummaging through a pile of garbage. I was expecting a food experience like at Le Pressoir. I don't plan on returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, KY
“Treat yourself to the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

In a town known for its restaurant scene La Villa stands out. From the greeting by Florence to the "au revoir" from Christophe what happens in between is culinary magic. Get the fixed price option which at $49 is a bargain, especially with the $=€ policy. The wine is likewise well-priced. My wife never raves about our meals out, but this one she declared the best she has ever had. I have to agree. La Villa is easily worth the drive from anywhere on the island and by itself might justify a flight from Cincinnati.

• Visited March 2014