“I licked the plate” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 56 restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
New York
“I licked the plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Although this is fine dining, you will leave full. We just left dinner there and without doubt it was e best meal I have had not only on the island but in a few years, spanning a few continents. This is not a value proposition, not sure the perspective of some folks on here, but if you want to have a bottle of wine, even witht the prix fixe, you are talking two hundy US. Regardless, this is fine diningasyou would find in New York or Paris or anywhere else. It's actually quite amazing that such a place as a beach in S. Martin has such wonderful restaurants but it does and this is certainly one of them. From appetizerto entree to dessertto wine we were enthralled and amazed. I left full happy and poorer monetarily but richer for the experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
  • Finnish first
Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Friendly owners/ waiter and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent our first dinner in St. Martin here. We did the prix fixe option and both enjoyed our meals very much. I had the lobster bisque and mahi-mahi with a sweet potato tarte. My husband had the citrus scallops and seafood pasta. For dessert, I had the molleaux au chocolat and he had the pear tarte tatin. We also enjoyed rose wine with our meal. As I said, we enjoyed everything we ate, but we also found everyone who worked there completely welcoming. We exchanged small French with them, until my husband let the owner know that I speak a little more French than I was letting on, at which point he engaged me in conversation in French, which I enjoyed a lot as I was looking to practice my French a bit while here. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2013
Wilmington, DE
“Best in St Martin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our second trip to St Martin and our second trip to La Villa - OUTSTANDING AGAIN! We have eaten in just about every fine restaurant in St Martin and Grand Case and hands down - this is our favorite. We are picky eaters and "foodies" to a certain extent and this restaurant never disappoints! Had the Mahi and it was awesome! You cannot leave without trying the molten chocolate cake! The good is great, location is convenient and staff is extremely friendly and attentive. Also a great value for the meals you get! Try it you will not be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Beyond our Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

From the moment we entered La Villa, we were welcomed like family. The tables were set with luxuriously textured red cloths and soft white cloth napkins. The tables were lit with unique faux candles in glass cubes. Now for the highlight...the exquisite food. They offer a pre-fix menu for $49 which includes an appetizer, entree and dessert. There were so many fabulous items on the menu, that it was hard to choose. I ordered a French onion soup which was packed with bread and cheese and delicious broth/onions. My husband had the scallops wrapped in zucchini ribbons in a delicious sauce. Our entrees were the goat cheese encrusted rack of lamb - the best he has ever had, and I had the the red snapper in a puffed pastry with olive tapenade, sun dried tomatoes and pesto. The unique flavor combo was outrageous and all the dishes had high marks for presentation. The dessert menu offered a variety of scrumptious homemade ice creams, sorbets, crem brûlée , hot molten choc cake with vanilla ice cream, and tiramisu among other great choices. The owners, Christophe and Florence were present and very hands on during the entire evening. They offered us complimentary home-made rums and a cold carrot and fennel soup. There are many great restaurants in St. Martin, but I have to say that this one was a highlight. We drove 35-40 minutes to get here from our hotel along dark, winding roads and it was definitely worth it. Oh, did I mention they accept American $ for Euros and NO premium. I can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg,VA
“Great food and value too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Another great meal at La Villa. Did the $49 special three course meal. Got the lobster for $15 extra but worth it. Hubby got the tuna entrée and loved it. Christophe and Florence are the best.

Visited June 2013