“Exactly what we were looking for.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 56 restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
“Exactly what we were looking for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Incredible restaurant. The service was amazing and the food was even better. For anyone looking for a truly authentic French dining experience I highly recommend this restaurant. We will absolutely be back!

93% Recommend
  • Finnish first
Durham
“Prix Fixe + $1=€1 - Magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Lots of other reviewers have mentioned how wonderful the food is, and we both loved it! The two things that make La Villa special are the Prix Fixe menu and the exchange rate.

The Prix Fixe is just a good deal, period. An appetizer, a main and a dessert for the price of just the first two. Delish and a good deal!

Then they throw in a bonus. As you may know the Euro is still very strong against the dollar. What the owners of La Villa do is offer you the same price is $$$ as they do in Euros. So if your meal costs €100, for example, it works out to about $130 or so. If you pay cash, they will charge you $100 for the meal - that's a 30% savings! It's a fantastic deal on a very pricey island.

We ate at several other restaurants in Grand Case and they did not offer this deal. Too good to pass up for great food and real savings!

We also had a seat at one of the two street side tables as the parade came by on Tuesday night - what a great time.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Loved, Loved, Loved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner at La Villa on a warm Carnival night. Was very glad we had reservations, definitely recommend. Everything from being seated to our leaving made us feel welcomed and important. We ordered the Prix Fixe menu. The appetizers were wonderful, both the citrus seared scallops and the almond toasted shrimp. The tuna steak was the best I have eaten and the presentation was beautiful. (I wish I had pictures to show you.) My husband love the crab stuffed snapper. The Riesling was very nice. Service was the best, our needs were anticipated which is quite a feat on a busy night. We loved our experience and know you will as well.

Antigua
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just landed there as i was dying for a Romantic and Intimate. Food is exquisite.Great recommendation for french cuisine.

• Visited March 2013
Goshen, Indiana
“Best date night ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Wow! Service...fantastic. Atmosphere...wonderful. Food...incredible!

We are here in St. Maarten as a party of ten. Two families, six kids total. Last night was date night for my wife and I. Several great options in Grand Case. We decided on La Villa as one of about 5 we were excited to try. Could not have asked for a better evening! The service was outstanding. At one point I dropped my fork. By the time I picked it up, there was a new one being delivered. Jean Carlos kept our glasses full with a wonderful 2006 Margaux, and everyone was pleasant and attentive without being disruptive at all.

The dinner began with a cold cream of asparagus in a tiny shot glass sized bowl. We don't have much French cuisine to work with back home, so I was not quite sure if I was supposed to shoot it like Cuervo or use the tiny spoon. I settle on the spoon and it was a really nice soup. Never had anything quite like it. Then had the lobster bisque. Also wonderful. Seasoned different than I had was used to, but really nice. I had filet in a foie gras sauce. Wonderful. My wife had a shrimp and scallop pasta dish. She said it was as good as at The Warf on Grand Cayman. That says a lot as that has been her gold standard for 17 years! I had a cream assortment for dessert, she had the lava cake. Again, both were wonderful. I am giving 5 stars because I can't award 6! I am sure that the other top restaurants in Grand Case are also wonderful...they are so close together...if any of them don't perform, people will know! I would highly recommend La Villa, and I would return there at any opportunity!

• Visited March 2013