“Happy Birthday to me!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 Shopping in Grand Case
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Make your Own Perfume / Cologne: Choose from over 300 oils to create your own perfume or cologne. Sounds daunting, but Tijon makes it easy. The hardest part for many is naming their own fragrance. One experience takes 2-3 hours and costs 129€ (1€ = $1 cash). Everyone leaves with their own custom fragrance and a gift bag of Tijon products worth 40€ . The most popular experience takes 60-90 minutes and costs 75€ with everyone leaving with their own fragrance and a gift bag of Tijon products worth 40€. Tijon also offers an on-site boutique with its signature line of 21 French Caribbean fragrances, cosmetics and gifts. Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:30am to 5pm and other times by appointment. NOTE that we offer limited hours in Sept. and Oct.
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
“Happy Birthday to me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

On our ride in from the airport our cab driver pointed out Tijon and explained it was a perfumery. At that moment I decided I wanted to make my own perfume. So, on the day before we were to return home, which was also my birthday, I decided to go, We made a last minute reservation for the Perfumer's Class 101. I had really high expectations, and was not disappointed! On every level my expectations were met and exceeded; from the history lesson, to the lab coat, to the 300 possible oil choices. Our experience was amazing, thanks to John and Cyndi! They made us feel like accomplished perfumers, allowing our natural curiosity to take flight. The end result were scents we love, and wear with pride. A truly remarkable, memorable birthday experience.
If you are a closet chemist, have ever dreamed of making your own creation, or would like a life experience to cross off your bucket list, this is it!

Visited May 2013

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
“I smell good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I loved this place! Listened to an informative presentation on the history and the making of perfume. Several people in the group purchased already made and available scents. Myself and another woman had ours made. Initially I was just looking at and smelling the oils. Then after asking how you go about picking what smells good together and what note goes with what, I was so intrigued that, with John's help, I picked 3. He mixed little samples and asked me to pick my favorite on round one. Then added added more oil and had me pick from round 2. Once the process was done, he wrote down the recipe and mixed it while he had me pick out a name for it. I was out and on my way in no time. Now I don't smell like anyone else and I've had a ton of compliments already. AND I can reorder my special mix online. LOVE IT!

Visited June 2013
Niskayuna, New York
43 attraction reviews
“ANOTHER AMAZING EXPERIENCE !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We just Love John and Cindy ! You could not have a better time doing something so amazing as creating your own scent! They know just how to help you and encourage you to create something that you will have for a very long time or come back and make another . My husband took me last year for my Birthday and had a better time and took longer with his Cologne than i did ! He has told everyone back home in NY about "His" own scent. As women we search for that right scent that doesn't smell like everyone else ! Well here you go ! This year I got even better with John's expert Nose ! I actually made two that I couldn't choose, so I called John and Cindy he made the other one up for me and had it ready the same day ! Don't miss this you cannot do it anywhere in the States by us except they do have a new one if you live in CA ! Also ladies a great place to pick up a few things for yourself last year I got a great neclace and braclet this year more of the same and a great pink purse along with some cute flip flop with flowers for the grandaughter ! One stop shopping with attention to detail you will not get at any perfume counter anywhere in the world ! No limit to what you can create and next year since we now have a time share here God willing we will be back to do it all over again ! Each time i learn something new ! Thank you John and Cindy!

Visited June 2013
Blountstown, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My daughter and I went to Tijon after reading an article about it on the airplane. It was close to our hotel so we decided to go and try it. We were not disappointed. John, the owner, was so nice and we made an appointment for the 1 hour perfume course. It was so much fun making our own perfume - we had a blast!! You leave with a bottle of perfume of the scent you made and a very nice gift bag. They also keep the recipe for your perfume and you can order more of it online. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The boutique they have is also very nice if you need to buy a few gifts. We will definitely do this again when we go back to Gran Case.

Visited May 2013
Kingston, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Make your own”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and her sisters/ in laws all spent a morning making their own individual scent. They had a blast.
Lovely boutique store and great experience.

Visited June 2012