“Excellent personal service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LOVE

You added LOVE to your Saves list
LOVE
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Blvd de Grand Case, Grand Case 97058, St Maarten-St Martin (Formerly Chez Martine)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Grand Case
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2002

Jean-Michael is the recent owner (~1 year), Serge runs the operations (he has been on the island for 5 years, but I'm not sure whether all of that has been at Chez Martine), and Lucinda is the maid (she has worked at Chez Martine for 10 years and I believe is originally from Venezuela). I didn't have the opportunity to meet their kitchen staff, but can tell you the food is amazingly good. Expect a typical French breakfast of strong coffee, baguette, butter & jam, and Laughing Cow cheese, which is included in the room charge.

Take note...

Jean-Michael does not speak English and Serge's English is limited. Do not expect immediate responses to your emails, etc., it is island time! Plan in advance.

Make sure you make very specific arrival arrangements with Serge for Sundays as most everything is typically closed in Grand Case that day of the week.

Shops and restaurants in the village are closed each day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.

If you are looking for a peaceful, relaxing vacation, this is the place. No TV, radio, telephone and a beautiful, nearly vacant beach (Dec. 8-15). I fell asleep each night to the wind and waves and woke each morning to the church bells and roosters.

If you speak any french, they will love you. Look for Cool Cool who has a chair and umbrella on the beach in the shade of Chez Martine. If you ask, he might be willing to take a walk with you over to Happy Beach.

This was my first stay and I traveled solo. I felt safe and welcomed. After one week, I feel I've found a home away from home and look forward to my next visit.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer whatever I can.

Bonnes vacances!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2002

We went to St. Martin in Nov 2001 for 2 weeks. We planned our trip several weeks before based on the experience of my fiancée who stayed in Chez Matine years ago. We chose the place again, since it's located in the most beautiful village of the entire island. The small Grand Case Village has a nice beach in a typical Caribbean bay and most important the best restaurants of the island - at least 10 with different cuisine (Creole, French, Italian, Indian).
Chez Martine offered us very reasonable rates that were about 50 % less than the usual rates on the island. For that we got a quite place (only 5 rooms) with simple comfort (no TV or phone) but clean and air conditioned. The hotel contains a beautiful restaurant, right above the beach, only 5 meters from the beachfront, offering an excellent view to the neighbor island of Anguilla where they credence the breakfast. Breakfast is in French style, which means it could be a little bit more and a bit more various over the time. For eggs that we ordered several times we were extra charged. However, for lunch and dinner you get a great food in this restaurant keeping the high level of cuisine in Grand Case. Nevertheless, the prices in Chez Martine restaurant are about 20% less than the rest of the top restaurants there.
The management was very friendly and we highly recommend Chez Martine for staying in St. Martin.

Been to LOVE? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about LOVE

Address: 140 Blvd de Grand Case, Grand Case 97058, St Maarten-St Martin (Formerly Chez Martine)
Location: Caribbean > St Maarten-St Martin > Saint-Martin > Grand Case
Bar / Lounge
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Grand Case
Hotel Class:3 star — LOVE 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your LOVE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Chez Martine Grand Case
Chez Martine Hotel Grand Case

If you own or manage LOVE, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.