“Best Bargain: clean, chic, relaxing and fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LOVE

and 1 more site!
You added LOVE to your Saves list
LOVE
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Blvd de Grand Case, Grand Case 97058, St Maarten-St Martin (Formerly Chez Martine)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Grand Case
Edgewater, Maryland
“Best Bargain: clean, chic, relaxing and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

If you want to experience St Maarten, its people, food, beaches, sunsets and outdoors then Grand Case is the town to stay in and the LOVE HOTEL is a great choice. It is a friendly, very clean, basic boutique hotel with fun, hip people right on the beach. They have great cocktails and a tapas menu. We are in our 50's so you don't have to be a young couple to enjoy this hotel. You just have to want to relax, get away from phones and TVs and want a non resort & intimate experience. William, Muriel, Vince and Chloe are all wonderful hosts. Muriel and William are also continuing to refresh the hotel so it will remain a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 5, 6, 7 are the best (have a view)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rennes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

You want to escape from big unpersonal resorts?The Love beach hotel is The place to be.More a boutique hotel (7 rooms+Lounge),you will be delighted ,baking close to the sea and listening to chill in/out music all day long.
Muriel G & William are great host and Vincente & Camille will treat you as their best friends with their coktails and salades.
THANK YOU!It has been a wonderfull stay,will come back!,
Book the ocean view suite if available.
One thing:Don't go to the next door restaurant it is terrible(California)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Well, we just returned from 5 nights at the Hotel Love. My wife and I have been to French St. Martin 5 times and this was easily the best experience to date. The Hotel Love is a wonderful little place in the center of Grand Case. The rooms are not lavish, but very cozy and clean. Hibiscus vines grow up the exterior walls welcoming you inside. The hotel is connected to a small beach cafe, which closes around 7 p.m. each evening (i.e. right after sunset). The food is simply wonderful. Their menu is not extensive, but perfect for the beach location. Most importantly (at least for us), the cafe has some of the best mixed drinks on the island.

Now for the best part: the owners (William and Muriel) and the incredible staff (Vincent and Camille). They are extremely accommodating and welcoming. They make you feel at home. For example, my wife and I were lucky enough to be at the hotel for their annual Carnival Celebration (Grand Case has a small parade). The cafe was full of vacationers and locals alike. In any event, we will be back to Hotel Love!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

This hotel was awesome, exactly what I needed. If you're looking for some extra fancy, snooty, white glove service, this is not the place. I would describe it as spending the weekend in a good friends beach house, which also happens to have an awesome bar and restaurant. The owners, william and muriel, are ever happy and approachable. They were the first ones to greet me and the last ones to say goodbye. Since there are only a total of 7 rooms, you never feel overcrowded or stuffy. The rooms are not ultra luxurious, but they get the job done. just make sure you can get one of the top floor rooms as it can get a bit noisy at night on the ground floor. However, I stayed in one my first night and had no issues.

I have not a single complaint and will recommend to friends and stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

The Love Hotel lives up to its name - you will LOVE it!! Located on a beautiful beach, with wonderful, friendly people catering to your every need...it is hard to beat! The rooms were immaculately clean, the food was delicious, but most of all - the staff and owners were the friendiest and most attentive (without being overbearing) that I've ever encountered. Some folks complained of street noise, but, after all, you are in the heart of downtown Grand Case; but if you take advantage of all that St. Martin and Grand Case has to offer, you'll be too relaxed to notice any noise. We were mesmerized by the beautiful ocean, sand, and friendly people (including close-by neighbors); and would go back there in a minute!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I've never written a review before and I guess I feel the need to share my experience with other travelers. I need to preface this by saying I have traveled quite extensively throughout Europe, the US and some of the Caribbean. I have stayed in Hostels, Pensions and Fine Hotels.....
This little hotel is a great spot for lounging on the beach while sipping a glass of wine or cocktail, Sade playing in the background. The staff, Vinc and Camin are amazing, accommodating and genuine.( I really want stress this!!!!!)
The location is right on the ocean and right on Grand Case Blvd. Not too bad :)
The rooms are clean and spacious. The have no real amenities which is fine with me. I love the beach and have no real need for all the extras.
By no amenities I mean no TV in the room, fine, actually better than fine.
No clock, fine.
No beach towels, fine, I guess (we bought some at a stand near Orient Beach,$10 each)......This is where my problem begins.

No phone in rooms, fine.
No phone anywhere on the property, not fine.
No Proprietors on site after 9-10 o'clock, actually, no one on sight after that time, I guess fine?? I guess until, the club across the street, open every night draws the local crowds on the weekends. We woke up at 2:30 a.m. to about dozen locals on porch!!!
There is no gate on the outside of the building. If you are staying in room 1 or 2 there is no barrier between you and the outside world but a small picket gate that's 2 feet tall and a thin bedroom door with a tiny lock. Apparently, the locals thought this was an invitation to lounge in the chairs on the porch and hang out all night . This was very unsettling!!
We are in a foreign place, with no one on sight after 9pm. No phone in your rooms in case of emergency and the hotel if completely open to the outside world.
I would recommend this hotel ONLY AFTER the owners put a gate at the front of the building or had some kind of security on the premises.
I feel so torn writing this review. We had such a nice time before this happened.

After careful thought we decided to leave the hotel and go elsewhere for the last 2 nights of our vacation. I couldn't take another night of this. We didn't sleep the whole night and ended up dealing with this half the next day!! I didn't want to waste any more of my (very limited) vacation time.!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

We found everything we could wish for in this beautiful and charming boutique hotel. Large comfortable and clean rooms, a lovable staff, each friendlier then the other, delicious salades and drinks. Just for fun order a frozen mojito and then drink it while soaking yourself in the crystal clear waters of their private beach... to die for!!!!

Speaking of which they are situated directely on the beach. A beautiful one at that. The water is gorgeous and the sand to quote one of my colleagues feels like butter under your feet, yeah that's right sooooooo soft.

The location is also ideal right in the middle of the action next to several delicious restaurants and close to the night life if you wish to indulge.

You feel like a VIP when you're at the Love Beach Hotel. In fact you feel so special that the CEO and Vice President of my company (a rather large multinational) decided that they wanted to organise a special rewards program for our VIP customers, sending them to this hotel for a few days of pure pleasure!

If you're looking for the ammenities of a large resort like hotel then this is not the place for you, but if on the other hand you want to feel relaxed, special and enjoy your time at a very lovely boutique hotel while being around the action of the local life then this is certainly the place for you!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to LOVE? Share your experiences!