“Amazing Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
New Jersey
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been visiting St. Martin for almost 10 years and I am so sorry that I've only just tried Bistrot Caraibes. What a wonderful restaurant. Great service and beautiful ambience. The staff are friendly and efficient. And clearly those in the kitchen know what they're doing--every dish was excellent. I'm a very critical diner and at one time I reviewed restaurants for a living, but I found nothing to complain about and everything to praise. I know there are many restaurants in Grand Case, and most are fine, but none is up to the standard set by BC. C'est tres bien!

• Visited March 2013

Greenwich, Connecticut
“The Best in Grand Case”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

For the past 15 years or so whenever we have visited St. Martin we always have had dinner at Bistrot Caraibes. Many times, we have dinner at Bistrot Caraibes twice during our stay. After our first dinner, we already know what we will order the next time! There are so many good choices! We are very familiar with most of the fine restaurants in Grand Case and Bistrot Caraibes is, by far, THE BEST in Grand Case. The appetizers, dinners and deserts are all superb; their house-made smoked salmon is magnificent. The wine list is also very fine with many choices at reasonable prices. And the service is utterly charming!

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Scrumptious Food, Birthday Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

What a great place! I drove over to Grand Case one morning to explore and take pictures while my wife lazed in the sun on Orient Beach. They weren't open yet but their menus were out and everything looked good. Drove back that night. (Hint: the streets of Grand Case are about as wide as your driveway and as level as your washboard abs.) We were welcomed in -- a classy but friendly and casual place. Thibeault, one of the owners (two brothers) was there. When I asked, he suggested a great wine to complement the grilled swordfish I ordered and my wife's rack of lamb. The food was delicious. The staff was attentive, low-key, and good-humored (we laughed a lot with them). For dessert I requested a "hot chocolate cake with hazelnut ice cream and coffee sauce" -- a cupcake-sized lava cake. To my surprise it came with an extra -- a sparkling piece of fireworks on top! It was my birthday! (Now how did they know that?) And afterward it was all topped off with a complimentary sip of their "homemade, blended, marinated, and bottled rum." Confession: they left the bottle on the table. I had more than one! Such a great meal, such a great night. Looking forward to going back -- surprise fireworks or not!

• Visited April 2013
Santa Monica, Ca
“Worth the drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

It's a typical French restaurant with island influence. First time we were offered a house cocktail outside of France. The appetizers and main courses were excellent. There's a pool outside the restaurant for choosing your lobster if that's what you are having. Wine list is small but very very good with of course mainly French wines. We'd definitely go back if we ever return to the island.

Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“1st trip to St-Martin, 1st trip to Bistrot Caraibes - Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent all day at the Grande Case Beach, waiting for the last Carnival street party and we overheard a lady making a recommendation for the Bistrot Caraibes restaurant. After looking at a bunch of menus, we decided on the Bistrot Caraibes for dinner. We were a little under dressed, but the staff didn't mind and we had a fantastic dinner and outstanding service. We started out with an escargot in creamy mushroom sauce appetizer - to die for, accompanied by 2 glasses of white wine and their house champagne (we were thirsty!). For the main dishes my wife had the beef tenderloin which was cooked to perfection; I had the Veal scallopini which was fantastic. We were too full for dessert, but as a finale, we got served 2 small glasses of a liquor similar to rum jumbie, which was excellent. Highly, highly recommend this place. We will be back!!! Gabe and Eileen, San Diego, California.

• Visited April 2013