“Another Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Venice, Florida
“Another Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was our second visit to St. Martin and to Bistrot Caraibes and we were not disappointed. The food, service, and hospitality are amazing. I was happy to see the veal still on the menu (my husband had it last time and I was jealous). It was better than I remembered. My husband had the scallops which were delicious and to finish it off the warm chocolate cake. I still can't believe something as "simple" as chocolate cake can be made to taste soooo good. We dine early (around 6pm) so we were some of the first people in the restaurant but it was filling up when we left and the owners are always around to answer questions provide suggestion and offer great sevice. We will be back on our next visit to the island!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Mahone Bay, Canada
“Gastronomic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our family enjoyed a fantastic meal at Bistro Caraibe last March. The food was excellent, the service even better. The restaurant is small but inviting. We are looking to our next visit in March of 2013. If you have the opportunity visit and enjoy the food and ambience.

Fans from Mahone Bay Nova Scotia

• Visited March 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Bon appetit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

On our first trip to St. Martin, we happened upon so many wonderful things! The first being Bistrot Caraibes where we met Amaury, who was very knowledgable and proof that St. Martin is the friendly island! We did not dine there the first night, as we were just getting settled in, but knew we would be returning as we looked over the menu and restaurant. The place has a modern feel, yet also very caribbean and european as well. From the fresh lobster tank in the front, to their signature ginger rum digestif, our entire dining experience there was exquisite! Brothers Amaury, Thibault and staff were very attentive as all the dishes had excellent presentation, and taste. We were pleasantly surprised with the sparkling sugar on the plate of the chocolate molten cake! For those seeking a fine dining experience on the island, look to Bistrot Caraibes in Grand Case!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
boston
“The joke is on me.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I haven't been to Grand Case in a few years and was looking forward to going to Bistrot. My wife truly enjoys good food and this is the type of place she gravitates to. We were invited in by the charming owner but before we accepted we asked if service (tip) was included. He responded it was not. We entered anyway. We had four in our party and were seated right away. We split two appetizers. One was a crabmeat dish which was bland and watery and woefully undersized. It is fair to say we each got a teaspoon sized bite. The other appetizer was a non traditional escargot. The snails were cocooned in a straw like substance that was dry and unpleasant. We had other drinks (wine champagne ) but the drink that stood out was the water, coming in at a whopping eight Euro. Btw no one for one here. I had fairly good entree, pork and beef tenderloin enjoyable but not memorable. Service was good and the atmosphere is pleasant . My wife was splashed a couple of times by doomed lobsters which was exciting. She took it well. There were no little extras or fun interaction with the owner or anybody else. For this price point I expect more. We tipped out at 20% even though by French law service is always included. I didn't come to SXM to make scene. I was very disappointed in being lied to and generally felt taken. I will not be returning. We did have other good dining experiences on the Island. I know it sounds like I am being hard on BC but they were hard on me.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fishers, Indiana
“Always a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I have vacationed in St Martin perhaps 12 times in the last 16 years. We discovered Bistrot Caraibes in Grand Case on the very first trip and have made it a priority to visit this fine restaurant on each subsequent trip. The experience on our visit last week is why we come back. The owners, brothers Amaury and Thibault, are always very personable and wonderful hosts. The food is consistently wonderful and finely presented. My wife had her favorite appetizer, the duck liver pate, that she raved about, and a favorite dessert, the creme brulee, which she considers "the standard" against which she rates all of the others. She has not found any that compare. My wife's dinner was shrimp with a creole sauce, that she loved. I started with my favorite, lobster bisque, and dined on red snapper in a unique cream sauce, very nice. I had my own serving of creme brulee for dessert, because my wife was not going to share hers. The dinner is topped by a ginger rum, again, something that we found very unique and fell in love with the first time we enjoyed it many years ago. Once, we bought a bottle to take home and share with friends. It is now a requirement to buy several bottles each trip to the island, as it has become a favorite in Indiana. It is a wonderful reminder of our favorite restaurant until we can return again.