“Short stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Case Beach Club

Save Saved
You added Grand Case Beach Club to your Saves list
Grand Case Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Rue de Petite Place, Grand Case 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Offers & Announcements
5th Night Free is Back!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Grand Case
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently stayed at The Grand Case Beach Hotel for two nights and it was wonderful. We booked a garden view room which was just lovely and very spacious. The staff is wonderful and the grounds are beautiful. Also, you can't beat the value. It is a great place. Hope to visit again sometime.

1,077 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Ventura, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I read almost every review of this place before we arrived and looked at pictures so I felt I knew what to expect and I only knew about half of what I thought.

We came from California so we didn't land until 9:30 pm and caught a cab to hotel. Cab driver stopped for gas and took the long way to the hotel so we would have to pay him an additional 25% cab fare (after 10pm rule) whatever 40.00 USD and we were tired so no use in fighting over it. We were greeted by a very nice security guard that stayed with our luggage while we checked in. Nick helped us and was very nice and gave us room keys, safe key and wireless code (wireless worked perfectly in our room). Our room was 212 which was an oceanfront studio on second floor. It was small but clean and had everything we needed. (I have seen pictures online of nicer rooms so maybe next time I would ask for something a bit nicer)
Security guard walked us to our room and helped carry luggage up the stairs. He told us to ALWAYS use the safe and leave nothing out and same if we had a rental car (we did not get a car but if you decide to want one they rent them at the front desk). I am kind of freaking out that maybe we are staying somewhere dodgy and we are going to get robbed. It's actually a good rule of thumb to lock up your things at any hotel /resort and we experienced nothing dangerous, no theft and only encountered the nicest warm people you can imagine.

We woke up to a beautiful view of a crystal blue ocean, great coffee, nice people, sunshine and all was well.

Town was an easy walk and it's safe at night. The hotel post security guards to pretty much look out for their guests walking to and from restaurants. You may want to pack shoes that can handle dirt road and uneven pavement. I was fine in flip flops but I saw ladies in heels and it didn't look easy.

We ate at a two LOLO's in town and decided Talk of the Town was our favorite. Lunch was great at the Sunset Cafe at hotel and it was the easiest place to grab a bite of food and a cocktail and run right back down to the chaise lounge to digest.

The front desk will make reservations for you for any restaurant you want and they also have a room with some menus to look at for places that will deliver. In that room they also have a bookshelf filled with paperback and hardback novels you can borrow. They are really warm and nice people and I wish I would have had more time to spend there and enjoy them.

The hotel has the continental breakfast included with your stay which is coffee (great coffee), OJ and a bread basket with 2 chocolate filled breads, 2 French breads, croissant and a sweet bread slice. They have a full menu and we ended up ordering an omelet, potatoes, and eggs benedict for under 20.00 USD on a couple of mornings that we needed more than just the bread. Some mornings the bread and coffee was more than enough. You can bring your coffee pot from you room’s coffee maker and they will fill it up for you and give you cream, sugar and bread to go. I always tipped two dollars for the coffee and bread when I grabbed to go.

Sunset Cafe had daily promotions and it could be a free bottle of wine with lunch or two for one happy hour. Check the board each day and see what they have going on. They really do make an effort to be reasonably priced and their food and service alone was reason to spend a lot of time there enjoying the view.

The two hotel beaches are great. The small one to the left if you are facing ocean is less crowded and there are little chairs you can pull into water and just relax in. The beach to the right has chaise lounges and more people but is too very nice and relaxing. There is no saving of chairs and people really respect that. There was always enough to choose from and if for some reason you didn't get a chair they will but an umbrella in the sand for you. People seem to come and go all day so there was always enough to go around.

The beach hut offers free use umbrellas, floats, paddle boarding, kayaks and masks and snorkels (you have to buy a mouthpiece for snorkel (5.00) or bring your own. Be sure and tip these guys as they really hustle all day in the hot sun to make your day more relaxing.

Your hotel room has a fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, pots and pans, silverware and utensils but no coffee filters or salt and pepper. You can buy everything in town or just don't cook because you are on vacation and this town has the best food.

Things I wish we would have known before we arrived:

~Arrange a taxi with hotel for airport pick-up. They might be less inclined to rip you off.

~Store New Era in the middle of town right past Sexy Fruit on left side of the street from hotel has about anything you could ever want or need. We would buy wine, salami, bread, cheese, fruit and beer and it was cheaper than the grocery store at home. She takes USD cash and matches to Euros.

~Bring the right plug (we brought Euro plugs which are square and these plugs are more flat and wide looking but same two prong set-up) New Era store sells the right plug for two dollars thank goodness.

~Bring more cash than you think you need as most stores and restaurants do even matching of dollar for dollar USD to Euros with cash and it goes fast.

~Bring more sunscreen or buy from town. We didn't have or want a car so we found everything we needed between New Era and EPICERIE which is the market right past little bridge in town (first store you come to) they also had the best French wine. The store on the hotel premises isn't too bad either and they are not priced as most hotel stores are. They sell sunscreen, clothing, swimsuits, cold beer, water and some other sundries that will tide you over.

We are planning to return to Grand Case and we will stay here again. It seems everyone else we met staying there have been year after year. Some for 20 years. That says a lot for the place. Be mindful that US standards are not the same in St Martin but they have their own set of standards so slow down, relax and remember you are a guest in their country and they only want to make you happy the best way they know how.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent last week here, and it was terrific. The room (garden-view studio) was comfortable and the patio and grounds delightful. We found the staff to be very helpful and knowledgeable. As for the scenery -- wow! The beach is really nice and the sunsets from the restaurant are amazing. The restaurant is good too, and we totally enjoyed the restaurant staff. We discovered that walking into town via the beach is fun and easy. We plan to return next year.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We only stayed here for two nights following a cruise but we were very impressed. The views are beautiful and we found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The hotel is located just a few minutes walk from the main strip where there are some fabulous restaurants. We were lucky enough to be offered an upgrade and the apartment was spacious and extremely well equipped. The two storey style was perhaps a bit inconvenient for us given that we had a lot of luggage with us and we were only there for two nights but that is hardly cause for complaint. The complimentary breakfast in the Sunset Café was basic but adequate, although other meals we had there were excellent. Overall - a great choice and we would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I were here for 4 nights in early April. The scenery is beautiful, especially from the fantastic boardwalk. We had a 2nd floor beach front efficiency room which was very clean, adequate for sleeping, but pretty cramped except for the large shower. The included continental breakfast is exactly that- bread, juice and coffee. Staff we encountered were all very polite and professional. The beach in front of the club is very shallow but with minimal difficulty you can actually walk the length of the Grand Case village. Grand Case and all of it's excellent restaurants are within walking distance and we felt fairly safe doing so. I would gladly stay here again if I could be assured of a room other than the basic efficiency.

Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We just got back from our vacation in St Maarten and I have to say our experience at Grand Case Beach Club was wonderful from beginning to end!
The staff was extremely helpful. The room was gorgeous with beautiful decor and all the top amenities( great bed,shower,tv,and air conditioning) When we walked in the room smelled amazingly clean and fresh there was a cd of French music playing on the cd player and fresh flowers throughout the room a marvelous touch.
The beach though narrow is quite lovely with plenty of lounge chairs in shaded or unshaded area whichever you prefer.
The restaurant on the premises Sunset Beach club was quite good with a wonderful friendly staff! The continental breakfast included with your room is served there.
They have a tour booking facility right on the premises with a friendly helpful staff as well and reasonable prices for the most part.
The other guests some families some couples were all very courteous. I was a bit worried when we got there seeing some many children as we were going for a relaxing trip but it was fine never a problem.
I was worried about the name "Beach Club" because I don't like large impersonal time-share/all inclusive resorts. This is NOTHING like that! The largest buildings are only three stories high and the whole resort has a wonderfully intimate feel!
Grand Case restaurants are in walking distance (about 10 minutes) and though the road is narrow so you have to be careful of some crazy drivers all in all I felt quite safe.
-The Lolos (barbeque joints) are open for lunch (many of the other restaurants aren't) but it can be quite hot and smokey since they are outside and all of the grilling is going on right there but if you like ribs it's worth it.
-My favorite restaurant was Tastevin they have been there for a very long time and our meal was wonderful!
We found much of the restaurants there to be trying a bit too hard to be inventive with too many flavors on one plate. The classics were simple and best La Villa had amazing creme brulee and an amazing shrimp appetizer with mint leaves! L'auberge Gourmande didn't wow me with my entree (salmon) but we had a great appetizer there and dessert. Piazza Pascal was very good with an extremely accommodating friendly staff!
The whole service charges/tips included or not included in your bill got a bit confusing and annoying to us.
Many of the shops and galleries don't open until 5pm.
All in all we had a wonderful time and I hope to the Grand Case Beach Club!

Room Tip: All ocean front rooms have great views!
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I agree with all of the outstanding reviews given this resort. It was truly outstanding and the staff at the hotel were all extremely accommodating and friendly with the exception of Christine (I think that was her name)

We booked a one bedroom oceanfront room in August for a 3 night stay beginning 4/7/13. Upon arrival Christine informed me we had been "upgraded" to a two bedroom room. The only problem was it was a parking lot view and since there was only two of us we did not need two bedrooms. I put up quite an argument to no avail. Christine would only shrug her shoulders and tell me it was a management decision and she could do nothing. After resigning myself to the fact that I would be staying in the two bedroom, a wonderful young lady (Maureen) called me and said she would like to show me another room. It was the one bedroom oceanfront we had reserved. If this room was available, why did I have to go thru this argument with Christine.

Bottom line, I would love to stay in this resort again, but I do not want to go thru this same experience with the room. When I checked out, Christine gave me no assurance on future reservations.

Room Tip: Hope for the best. Service rating would have been excellent, but the front desk brought it down.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Case Beach Club? Share your experiences!