“Diving on the North Side of St. Marten” 4 of 5 stars

$55*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Washington
“Diving on the North Side of St. Marten”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

We went diving with Octopus Diving on the French side of St Marten in Grand Case and had a great experience. The staff was very helpful in getting us in the water. We saw the tugbout reef and the turtle reef. The inside of the tugboat was very exciting to go through. The price was one of the best on the island. The web site is
w------om

Washington D.C
“Excellent Scuba Venue in quaint St. Martin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

My significant other and I decided to proceed with Open Water Scuba certification during our one week "relaxation" vacation in St. Martin. Fortunately, we stumbled across Octupus Diving (only minutes away from our hotel: Grand Case Beach Resort), which turned out to be a serendipitous discovery. Not only did we have a blast learning to dive, we were able to efficiently complete the Padi Open Water course, along with 2 additional dives in just 3 days. The facility and resources are of the highest calibre, and the equipment, boat and diving staff are first class. Despite the easy going pretensions of St. Martin, both co-owners (and hands-on instructors) Sally and Chris are fantastic Scuba resources, and great for advice on places to see and eat on St. Martin. We were certified by Chris, and can only provide the highest praise for our experience. Although we only returned from the trip, we are planning to return in the future, and will plan our next trip around Octopus Diving!

Baton Rouge, LA
“Look no further; Octopus is THE place to Dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

While vacationing on St. Martin to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, we decided to check out SCUBA Diving possibilities on the island. I found OctopusDiving right here on trip advisor and based on the prior reviews, it looked like the place for us. I contacted Chris via telephone on a Monday morning and fortunately, he was able to squeeze us into a tightly booked schedule for the week. We visited the shop Monday afternoon to pick up the study materials (we wanted certification, not just "Discover" diving). On Tuesday morning, we reviewed the material with Sally, and in the afternoon, we began our confined water training with our instructor, Christian Vincent. He is a Frenchman, and listening to him reminded me of watching Jaques Cousteau on television - good English, but with a very French accent; that was pretty neat! He's a warm, gentle man with a good sense of humor, and true talent for teaching SCUBA. By noon on Thursday, we had completed all of the text-based materials, skill demonstrations in the water (interlaced with “fun breaks” on the dives), passed our final written exam and had our mug shots taken by Sally for our certification cards. We were able to make 2 more dives on Friday before we had to depart Saturday to return to the "real world". I cannot say enough good things about everything Octopus; collectively, Chris, Sally, JP, Christian and Octopus Diving changed our lives in such a positive way that week; we will never forget them - all wonderfully warm, kind and polite people that made us feel welcome, at home and VERY SAFE, at all times. As for the diving on St. Martin - stellar! We saw Sea Turtles, Morays, Stingrays, Starfish, Anemones, all kinds of colorful tropical fish, shrimp the size of a fingernail, every color and shape of coral imaginable, tube worms, and even an Octopus (how apropos, eh?). No matter if you're looking to just "discover" diving, an initial certification, any number of advanced ratings, or just fun dives, trust me, you CANNOT go wrong with Octopus! So, get off the couch and get your rear over there, now! The worst part of the entire trip was when we left Octopus on Friday, knowing we weren't going to be back for quite some time!

Most Sincerly,
Tony Darst
Baton Rouge, LA

stan279
“GREAT SCUBA EXPERIENCE! I LOVE OCTOPUS DIVING!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

What else can I say but, Octopus Diving is THE BEST! I went to St Marrten for a weekend getaway with my girlfriend and heard great things about Octopus Diving. Sure enough their great reputation is well merited. Chris and Sally were helpful from the start before we even arrived on the island with setting everything up with us. Upon arrival they were warm and welcoming. JP and Christian were about as supportive, informative, professional and fun as you can possibly imagine. JP stayed with my girlfriend the entire time as it was her first scuba dive and she was a bit freaked out. The amount of personal attention is second to none. Lobsters, a cloud of fish that was almost blindingly amazing, Christian and his air rings, you couldn't ask for more. Next time we're def going to do the second dive to see those sea turtles!

We did the discover scuba course and i would highly recommend this to anyone. The crew of Octopus make you feel at home and totally at ease... so if you have any hesitation at all, fear not Octopus has got your back!

After our dive we headed about 500 feet down the street for an awesome dinner at the Grand Case LoLo's (bbq dinner for like 10 bucks, if you go to the first LoLo i believe it's called SkyLine you get 2 free drinks with a Ocotpus stamped card!!! MMmm Carib)

All in all I can't say enough good things about the crew cept that we can't wait to go back and do it all over again.

To the crew of Octopus, thank you guys so much for one of the best days we had!!! If you ever come by New York def give us a hollar

Westchester Track REPRESENT lol =P

Vancouver
“Nice diving outfit! Friendly and patient staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

My girlfriend and I did an afternoon "discover scuba" (30m or so) trip with them. On the trip itself, we saw: lobster, puffer fish! (they didn't puff up though =( ) and even sea turtles. I was impressed with how patient our guide, JP, was with helping her with learn to work with the equipment. They provided bottled water on the boat ride out. It was a good time and even gave us a coupon for a free drink at the lolo down the street when we were done.

I was scheduled to do a second dive with them out at Tintamarre. Unfortunately, their boat didn't return from maintenance on time. However, they were good about trying to email me to let me know, and getting a refund was no problem.

The owners and the rest of the staff were really friendly and personable. I would definitely want to dive with them again if i get the chance to go back to St. Martin!

teamoctopus, Owner at Octopus Diving, responded to this review, June 22, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to create a review for us.

Again we apolgise for the boat maintenance over running the schedule and thank you for being so understanding.

Without preventative maintenance we cannot provide a true value for money service and of course maintain a 100% safety record.

Just a note to other readers.... we only take Discover Scuba Divers to 30 FEET not 30 metres!!

Thanks again