“innovative fine dining” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Aurora, Canada
“innovative fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had great dinner with friends last week at le Cottage. Our friends are friends with owner so had top notch service. food was excellent in general. We shared foie gras special appetizer done 3 ways. The pan fried piece was undercooked and the other 2 preparations were soso. I had the shrimp done 4 different ways- this was excellent. Our friend started with the onion soup but the cheese on top was a solid unmelted slab of gruyere. they did replace it. My husband had halibut and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Service was excellent with a great Bordeaux wine chosen by the owner. No view as not on water side but liked looking at the main street with all the people walking by. Quite expensive and not perfect but still memorable.
Found it overpriced

Visited January 2013

89% Recommend
“Simply an amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We ate there on our last night of our trip, and we were so happy we did. We also tried other places in grand case and outside, and this one was the best so far. The owner and the staff are very pleasant, food is spectacular and price not bad, in fact cheaper than the rest of the places. Strongly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris, France
“Very good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was there last week and it was a great experience. The menu card is varied, and Stéphane always gives good advice for the association beetwen the differents dishes with the wine.
Service was OK and cheerful
Really to recommend

• Visited January 2013
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Stephane carries on the tradition of fine food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have always enjoyed the food at Le Cottage. This time was no different. We have already dined here twice during our stay in Grand Case and will certainly be going again! On our first visit, my husband had the foie gras tasting and the Osso Buco; my daughter had the oysters and veal tenderloin and I had Shrimp/Scallop duo. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. On our second visit, my husband had the Lobster Bisque...simply sublime; my daughter had the foie gras and osso buco and I had the foie gras lasagne and the St. Pierre fish entree. Again everything was wonderful, including the wine pairings suggested by Stephane. We certainly miss Bruno; however, Stephane and his wife have continued his fine traditions of excellent food and service. Don't miss this dining experience!

• Visited December 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Not the same restaurant without Bruno )-:”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Le Cottage up until last December has always been our favorite restaurant on the island but not any more. I'm sad but things in life never stay the same. I could go on and on about problems with our visit but the new management style was very chaotic and inconsistent. One glass of wine and a dessert was totally forgotten. Our coffee arrived stone cold and when this was brought to Stefan's attention, he yelled to his kitchen staff, from the middle of the restaurant, "I'll kill them!!!" By this point we were on the floor laughing hysterically. I guess they knew that we hadn't been happy with the food (different menu and no more lobster tasting) or service so they asked if we wanted a complementary guava liquor, my husband said half jokingly, "After what we've been through, you should leave the bottle. And they did!" FYI-DON'T eat the escargot and look for Bruno's not yet finished restaurant called Dreams near Nettles Bay.

• Visited December 2012