We stayed in room 8. The 'best' in the house. The Inn is on a busy road next to the airport (easy 5 min walk from terminal - our reason to select). But this also means that you will have airplane noise (and vibrations...) till late and starting early. In addition, there is a sad collection of parrots and monkeys (!). The former screaming you awake at 7 AM.
The place is tired, dirty and not maintained at all. The beds are rock-hard. The side tables are soo dirty that you do not want to touch them. The lay-out is bad and the rugs do not invite to step on without shoes.
The breakfast is OK. Free choice from the menu.
No bugs - a good sign and treatment was going on when we were having a beer at the bar (inhaling interesting fumes).
At 168 $, including breakfast, this is too expensive. Next time we have a layover to St Barths, we will take a taxi to one of the resorts.
Try to avoid. The 'good' reviews are probably not by real guests.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Turtle Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Royal Turtle Hotel
- The Royal Turtle Inn St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for a comfortable quiet vacation on St Maarten / St Martin or as your hub while visiting the surrounding Caribbean Islands Saba, Statia,St. Kitts, St Barths, Anguilla. A Hotel on the Island of Saint Maarten/ St.Martin in the Caribbean with lovely decorated rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Turtle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.