“Lots of fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Alfred is totally awesome! He was our guide for the trip and he really knows which areas are the best . The boats are a lot of fun. My husband had a great time jumping the waves with our boat. The snorkeling was fun at Creole rock. Would recommend to others!

Red Bluff, California
18 attraction reviews
“FUN! FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Alfred was our guide and he was a blast! This something everyone should do once. The boats are fun and have alittle power. My husband really enjoyed the things. The snorkeling and swimming is great. Alfred will give you alittle history about the area. I wish we had some snacks and maybe some drinks. Alfred did bring some water which really helped out. It's a blast!

“Avoid Island Marketing!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

First off, the Rhino Rider experience was great, pretty much what we expected from what was advertised. I have no complaint at all on the in-boat experience. My only comment on the Rhino Rider outift themselves is that they advertise "secure lockers", which it is not. Our stuff rather was kept in a laundry basket in their lobby. If the clerk stepped out for a minute your stuff could be easily gone (which ours was not).

I would strongly advise people to avoid booking through saintmaartencruiseexcursions.com (e.g. Island Marketing), which we did. While they are about $25/person cheaper than through the cruise line, they are not reliable. When we showed up, Rhino Riders had no record of our reservation, and the time that Island Marketing had advertised was one hour early, there was no actual trip at that time slot. To Rhino Riders' credit, they explained that while they are not Island Marketing, they would make it right, and they sent us out on a personal tour with their guide venus. Rhino Riders should probably stop doing business with Island Marketing instead of hiding behind the fact that its a different company.

Lindsay, Canada
“$$ Keep your money in your pocket $$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked online through smx excursions to "Ride the Rhino" October 30th, 2012, I was debited 30 % off my credit card and was to pay the balance on the aforementioned date. I arrived around 8:30am from my hotel (Sonesta Great Bay Resort) after I had arranged transportation. ($25,00) A staff member arrived around 9:00 am and after a call from his boss (Armondo) I was informed that the excursion was cancelled and to come back the following day. The next day I arrived early. I paid $99.00 US for a trip around the island and to snorkel in Creo Rock which their is a $3.00 charge in the booking because of it being a protected area. Their machines need to be maintained more often, as some would stall and the guide would have to stop to assist the people to get the motors going again. We get to Creo Rock and we are then informed that the "visibility" is poor so we can not snorkel. The guide makes a call on his cell phone and we head back to Simpsons Bay to swim. We do not continue around the island as the instructions prior to leaving showed us on a map and what their company advertise. We drive back to Simpson Bay and we do not go swimming or snorkeling, we just drive around aimlessly. The time that was advertised that one rides on the boats was not the time I experienced. We left late and came back early. I was not going to have my vacation ruined by this isolated incident however I will never throw away a "Ben Franklin" ($100.00 US) to these band of thieves again !

Steve B. Lindsay, Ontario Canada

Visited October 2012
RhinoSafariStMaarten, Manager at Rhino Riders out to Creole Rock, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are saddened that your experience was not at the height of your expectation. You booked your tour through a third party cruise ship site. You did not mention where you were staying when making your reservation so it was assumed that you were on the ship that came in that day and turned around after it could not dock due to bad seas. Hurricane Sandy was affecting us here. I am sure you saw the high seas and the cruiseship turn around from your hotel window at the Sonesta hotel. When you rescheduled and went on the tour the visibility was nil due to the waves of Sandy. We compromised and rode rhinos more enjoying the scenery and the ride rather then the snorkeling which was not a possibility. We tried to make the best of it and please everyone even thought Sandy was sending us her swells.
4 attraction reviews
“Fun to navigate your own boat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I had a lot of fun riding the Rhino Riders! You take off from Simpson Bay and don't really get to let loose with the boats until you get out of the marina area and into the open water. It feels great to keep the throttle down and feel the wind and the water. The two guides that went with us kept it a fun atmosphere. We went all the way to Happy Bay, but didn't get to do any snorkeling due to the water having extremely low visibility (Probably due to Sandy coming through the week before). Even when at full speed, I never felt out of control with the boat. Our backsides were pretty sore afterwards from hitting waves pretty hard, but we both had a lot of fun!