“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 36 Activities in Simpson Bay
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aqua Mania Adventures offers daytrips on Edge to Saba & St Barts, daysails on Lambada & Tango to Angulla and Prickly Pear, Dinner and Sunset sails on Lambada & Tango, Scuba diving with Dive Adventures, inflatable boat rides with Rock 'n Roll, Half Day snorkel trips on Sand Dollar, around the island on Santino, Calypso Dinner Cruises to Marigot and is a One Stop Shop for Vacation Fun!
Middletown, Connecticut
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We booked the Sand Dollar snorkeling trip and loved it... Ian was our captain and did a wonderful job showing us the sites along the boat ride and telling us about what we would be seeing in the water. We snorkeled at Creole Rock and were able to see a ton of fish. We even jumped back in the water when Ian spotted a sting ray along the ocean floor. On our way back we took the long way and were able to watch the KLM flight approach directly overhead in Maho Bay and land at the airport. Good sites, good drinks, good fun!

“Saba Trip Was Well-Worth The Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I booked a trip to the island of Saba through Aqua Mania. We ended up having a great time with our only regret being that we booked it for a Sunday when much of the island was closed. We did have a very nice taxi tour by a great tour guide named Gloria. She was very knowledgeable about the island. She also took us to a great little restaurant, Scott's Place, for lunch that was quite good. I do want to make a note about the boat ride, however. As someone with an iron stomach, I was perfectly fine and enjoyed the boat ride. My husband, along with multiple other passengers, found himself to be somewhat ill by the open ocean's waves. He felt he would have been okay if we had been outside of the boat for the voyage but wasn't because the boat was full. Overall, this trip was great and highly enjoyable but be warned about the bumpy boat ride.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Best first-time scuba experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My brother, 17 year old niece and I wanted to give scuba a try for the first time. We met Anna at a scuba demo she did in our hotel pool. Her great teaching skills and friendliness convinced us to give scuba a try and we are thrilled we did! Aqua mania was great from all perspectives, the staff was great, equipment well taken care of and conveniently located in Simpson Bay. Best of all, Anna was amazing at teaching us all how to scuba and made us all feel comfortable with the skills. She had great patience with my niece who had to overcome some mask issues before staying down on the dive. After our first lesson we decided to go out again the next day for the refresher dive, this time off a boat. It too was awesome. We saw so many sea critters and once again Anna was so accommodating and posed us for some great underwater pictures. We are now scuba lovers and have Anna and Aqua mania to thank for that. Our experience made our entire vacation unforgettable and was the greatest highlight of our trip!

Visited December 2012
Kelowna B.C.
13 attraction reviews
“Snorkel Trip half day, Excellent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We arrived with 6 other cruise ships in St Maartin. I had booked half day snorkel trip with Aqua mania for my husband and myself. The cab ride is $10 each way per person. which is a little steep, it is a 45 minute ride to an hour depending on cruise ship traffic. We had a Boston Whaler type boat, there were 6 of us on the trip. Perfect size little boat. Half hour cruise to a sheltered reef. and a 1 hour snorkel, then 1/2 hour return to Simpson Bay. The snorkel was excellent, many fish and calm waters. I think the price may vary according to how many are doing the trip. We paid $55 per person and then you add the $40 for taxi. I loved it because it did not take up whole day and was worth while. The walk down to the shop had many, many stairs, I am not able to do stairs so a cab came to pick us up and he was able to get quite close to us on a driveway.

Visited November 2012
6 attraction reviews
“Edge Captain needs a refresher course.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I booked my trip to St. Barths through Aqua Mania and wound up on the Edge, literally and figuratively! A typical French who mocks the Americans and in the end extends her hand for gratuities. Ms. Captain dissapointed me on key work ethics such as: When a man carrying suitcases unable to purchase a ticket at the window because it was still "lunchtime/closed approaches you visibly distressed asking if you we're the Captain of the Edge, your response of "No! wear these bars on my shoulders so can look good was disgusting to say the least! Your lack of professionalism, your mockery towards others, and asking for our money in "tips" for nothing was a joke! Ask your fellow Frenchmen for tips, because I never saw but Americans helping your behinds out! Attitude of Gratitude Madame! Please...