“Great location and Inn had everything I could possibly need.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turquoise Shell Inn

You added Turquoise Shell Inn to your Saves list
Turquoise Shell Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Simpson Bay Rd., Simpson Bay 00000, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Great location and Inn had everything I could possibly need.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I am a repeat guest because the locational and friendly staff. Carter can help you decide on restaurants and excursions. The kitchen has everything you need to prepare meals and keep dining cost down. The Grand Marche was close by for groceries, hot take out food, and booze. We tried to eat lunch and breakfast in then eat out for dinner. One night we used the blender and had our drinks by the pool and hammock. Beach chairs and toys are available at no charge however the bars and restaurants on Simpson beach also offer them if you are a patron. Cool snorkeling spot by sunken ship in Simpson bay. Really don't have to leave Simpson bay. I have been all over the island and this is the dest area to stay in since beach is not crowded and lots of dining and entertainment in walking distance. Power on island does go out from time to time but just short periods. Don't waste your time on tv or internet while you are there. Pineapple Pete for lobster thermadore, Byblos for dinner and hookah, Karakter for drinks and apps on the beach, Helmas Windsor castle for lunch and conversation.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently had a fabulous stay at the Turquoise Shell Inn. It's situated in an ideal location, close to restaurants, shopping, and a 30 second walk to the beach. You really wouldn't need to rent a car if that is your preference. My room was very clean and the sheets were TO DIE FOR SOFT! It was furnished with a full-sized refrigerator and every kitchen utensil you would need for cooking. I will most certainly stay there again on my next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Turquoise Shell Inn back in April 2013 and had a very enjoyable stay. The property is a pleasant and nice place consisting of 10 rooms. The rooms are more like a one bedroom apartment with a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The air conditioner is in the bedroom and worked perfectly. There is a ceiling fan in the living room. My room also had a floor fan. The Turquoise Shell Inn is located just a few yards away across a very small road from Simpson Bay Beach which is a beautiful stretch of beach that extends all the way down close to where the airport is located. There is also a small swimming pool on the property. The owner, Carter, is a very nice man who is very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the island. He was always happy to answer any questions that I had. If you need some chairs and an umbrella for lounging on the beach, Carter has those available. He also has cell phones available for rent. The Turquoise Shell Inn is located very close to several restaurants, bars, and convenient stores. A couple of restaurants I can recommend are Lee's Roadside Grill(about a 10 minute walk) and The Palms Restaurant which is right next door to the Turquoise Shell Inn. Karakter restaurant is located on Simpson Bay Beach and is about a 20 minute stroll along the beach from the Turquoise Shell Inn. There is free wireless internet access available but there a place located just across the main road called "Mail Box" which has computers and internet access for very reasonable rates. If you are not renting a car and need transportation on the island, ask Carter about taking buses instead of taxis. The buses are very cheap. Carter can tell you how to distinguish the buses from taxis and how the system works. If you are looking for a nice place to stay in a great location and for excellent value, Turquoise Shell Inn is it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March 2013 and I just had to write a review about it. When we arrived Carter was there waiting for us. He greeted us with a smile and showed us around the well kept property and our entire trip he was there to answer any questions we had. The T-Shell is in the perfect location and a quick walk across a back lane takes you to a great spot on Simpson Bay beach. We always felt it was "our" beach as there were never many others around, which we loved. A great beach to walk...The room at the inn met our needs perfectly. We've done the large resort all inclusive and needed a change. We plan on returning March 2014 once again. There are all kinds of restaurants, bars, grocery stores all around the T-Shell so no need to rent a vehicle unless you really want to go further. (The buses are cheap cheap) Once again, I can't say enough good things about the T-Shell, so if you are thinking about visiting...don't hesitate. Any quesions please pm me and I'd be glad to answer the best I can.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TShellSxm, Owner at Turquoise Shell Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We appreciate those that take the time to review our little Inn. It is a great compliment when a guest choses to return. It make us feel like we are doing at least some of the right things.
St Maarten-St Martin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at Turquoise Shell Inn because our cruise ship had mechanical difficulties. I TOLD my wife cruising would be hell, but she had to go. Too many people and all so fake! It's OUR vacay but we were on THEIR schedule.

When the boat broke down on St. Maarten, we decided to disembark and stay somewhere on the island for a few days. A taxi driver suggested this place so we said okay, to take us there. It is a lovely, quiet place with only 10 rooms. They're more like 1br apartments, with a kitchenette and living area. You step through a gate and across a quiet residential street to get to the beach. It's about 50ft away. There was a pool but I didn't use it as I prefer the beach. There was maid service every day and the place was very professionally run. I would send anyone there and will stay at the Turquoise Shell Inn on my very next visit to St. Maarten.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I chose the T Shell Inn because of other reviews I found here. It did not disappoint! The rooms are pleasant, clean and offer all the necessary amenities. The beach is close by and a pleasant place to walk or sit and sip a beer. Close to good restaurants and a wonderful French bakery! Carter will help you find a good place to eat or make sure a taxi is there to take you to the airport!

If you're looking for a resort experience, this isn't the place for you. If you want a nice, clean place to stay that's also close to the airport, I think you'll enjoy it here. We were especially appreciative of the A/C in the bedroom -- didn't really need it in the living room, since that has a nice ceiling fan.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Turquoise Shell Inn has a lot to offer for a very reasonable price. Steps away from the beach on Simpson Bay, which is beautiful and quiet.. Many restaurants with in walking distance. The rooms are extremely clean and the little kitchen is another perk. The manager, Carter, is so helpful and knows the island so well you feel like family right away. I hope I will return next year ,
and you can bet I will stay at the T SHELL INN.. While on the island I recommend you try Byblos Lounge and Restaurant also on Simpson Bay excellent food and great staff ...Some nights they have music and a belly dancer.....FUN FUN FUN......................

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
The Summit Hotel
The Summit Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cupecoy Bay
4.0 of 5 stars 179 reviews

Been to Turquoise Shell Inn? Share your experiences!