We stayed at this inn the week of Easter. It is just 7-10 min from airport but planes only fly from 8 am to 9-10 pm. We were not bothered by airplane noise at all. The place is small and somewhat outdated. However, it is very clean, has kitchen and provides maid service. AC is only in the bedroom. Keep the bedroom door open and put the fan they provide in the doorway to blow cold air to the living-room area.The location is right on the Simpson Bay strip with lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. In the back of the inn there is Simpson Bay beach. It is clean with lots of seashells. Water was calm in daytime, but some waves after 3 pm. There is no shade or chairs. You will need an umbrella but chairs can be provided by the inn. They had some to borrow. Unfortunately that Friday and Saturday were big party nights across the street at the bar. The music was blasting through the speakers from 11:30 pm until 3:30 am. 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW!!! It was horrible. We could not sleep for 2 nights. And we had a child with us. Maybe it was only during holiday weekend. But you've been warned. The inn has terrible WiFi service and connection. You have to sit outside by the pool to get connection. Not all the rooms have the phone. You have to go to main office to use their phone. There is an international charge to call from Dutch to French side. The pool is basic. Lots of mosquitoes at night, especially by the pool. The do have shaded parking which was great. Overall, the location is busy, beach is acceptable, inn is clean and service is good. I have to mention Norman (I think). When our ride to the airport was late, he stopped what he was doing and drove us, refused to accept any tip. Great guy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay