“Lovely room and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turquoise Shell Inn

Save Saved
You added Turquoise Shell Inn to your Saves list
Turquoise Shell Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Simpson Bay Rd., Simpson Bay 00000, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Simpson Bay
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Lovely room and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a week this month and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We loved the separate bedroom as I'm an early riser and my husband is not. The kitchen was great - we loved being able to cook breakfast and keep all our leftovers in the fridge. The room was clean and comfortable. The beach was steps away from the room - the beach wasn't visible from the hotel room but we were so close that it didn't matter. We loved the beach by the hotel - it was basically our own - as their weren't very many others using it. The location of the hotel was perfect as many great restaurants/grocery stores/activities were nearby. We would definitley come back and stay again.
Carter was a great host and Cornelia took great care of the room.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cruz Bay, St. John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here during the Heineken regatta, it was a last minute reservation after our other accommodations with friends fell through. We didn't have a car, and the location was great for walking to town, and it was easy to get a taxi as well. The room has all the basic necessities, and it was nice to have the kitchen although we didn't use anything but the fridge. As others have commented, I have never seen a towel sign like theirs before (you will be charged extra if the white towels become stained). It seems to me that with all white towels, bleach would be an easy solution to that problem. We had an odd encounter with the manager/owner when we wanted to check out. As requested, my friend called the "front desk" to let him know that we planned to leave within the next 30 minutes. He told her that wouldn't be a convenient time for him to come downstairs, and he told her to come by in an hour instead. When she told me this, I called back and let him know that we would either check out now as requested, or leave our luggage in the room while we went to get breakfast, and check out when we return. He said that wouldn't be enough time for the housekeepers to clean, so I responded "Not a problem, we'll just check out now then." And we did. We enjoyed our stay here, but the exit process certainly made us uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kitchener Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed 2 nights before checking into a resort. It was a great choice; very helpful owner, air conditioned clean room with separate bedroom and kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable. You may question your choice as you approach the location as it is nestled into a local neighbourhood. Once you enter the gate the bright yellow rooms and lush vegetation make you feel like you are in the real Carribean. You can walk to many restaurants and grocery stores. There is a small pool and the lovely beach is a short walk across a quiet street. The owner supplies beach chairs which we made use of. This is not a luxury hotel however we have fairly high standards and we felt at home here. Great value and a unique experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I (late twenties) stayed at Turquoise in mid February and we had an amazing time. This hotel is exactly what I was hoping for. The room was clean and comfortable. AC worked well. I didnt find it noisy at all (past reviews complained about the music from nearby clubs/restaurants)--except for Saturday night- but we were so tired from being out and about in the sun, having a few drinks etc... that we easily fell asleep. This is an awesome location!! There are so many restaurants/bars close by- we could walk everywhere. We were planning on renting a car but we decided against it- next time we will so that we can explore the French side. We walked to Mullet Bay and Maho (Yes it can be done Carter:) It took about half hour and we walked the beach and then through a neighbourhood however I wouldnt do that after dark just to be safe. I did feel very safe in Simpson Bay though. The hotel is a hop away from Simpson Bay beach which was never busy and beautiful. My bf and I spent most days there as we were mainly looking to just relax and stay put on this vacation. All you need is to bring a cooler and you can bring your own drinks down to the beach- totally perfect!! Anywas-Carter and Cornelia were very kind and helpful. We will definetly stay there again!!!

Room Tip: we were on the ground part, right in front of the parking lot so the view wasnt great but we didnt m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is awesome! Good location, close to everything. with nice, confortable and clean rooms.Carter and Cornelia make us feel like home!

I do recommend it and going back to Sint Marteen is there I am going to stay!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the main floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have stayed here at least 6 times and the hotel is consistently clean and the service is friendly. The hotel is basic but good value for money and the location is good although there some of the adjacent night clubs are very noisy (till 3:30 p.m.). I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stay four nights in October 2012. I must admit I was not expecting much for the price but the stay was wonderful. Our room was nice, cozy and very clean. The grounds well cared for. Carter the owner is very friendly and he takes very good care of you. I can't say enough about Cornelia. In Carter absence she is the goto person. She will do everything to make you stay a pleasant one. Carter has a hidden jewel. Who knew one of the best kept secrets is in the heart of Simpson Bay.

Karen and Greg A..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TShellSxm, Owner at Turquoise Shell Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Cornelia and I are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again at the T Shell

Been to Turquoise Shell Inn? Share your experiences!