“Great service with a smile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turquoise Shell Inn

Save Saved
You added Turquoise Shell Inn to your Saves list
Turquoise Shell Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Simpson Bay Rd., Simpson Bay 00000, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Cobourg, Canada
“Great service with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have stayed here at least 6 times and the hotel is consistently clean and the service is friendly. The hotel is basic but good value for money and the location is good although there some of the adjacent night clubs are very noisy (till 3:30 p.m.). I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stay four nights in October 2012. I must admit I was not expecting much for the price but the stay was wonderful. Our room was nice, cozy and very clean. The grounds well cared for. Carter the owner is very friendly and he takes very good care of you. I can't say enough about Cornelia. In Carter absence she is the goto person. She will do everything to make you stay a pleasant one. Carter has a hidden jewel. Who knew one of the best kept secrets is in the heart of Simpson Bay.

Karen and Greg A..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TShellSxm, Owner at Turquoise Shell Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Cornelia and I are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again at the T Shell
Sitka, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My whole family stayed here, we took up the entire first floor! It was wonderful, one of the most relaxing, homey, vacations ever. You feel like you are in your own apartment. I loved having the full kitchen so that we could eat breakfast when we wanted, keep all our drinks cold, snack when we wanted, and not have to go down 10 floors and wait to be seated, etc. like you would in a big hotel. It was within walking distance of a wonderful French bakery for breakfast items and pastries, there were 3 stores close by, several restaurants within walking distance for the "local" feel, and a Subway & McDonalds in case you wanted something familiar (or ice cream!). Only once did we have to share "our" beach, we were usually the only ones on it. You felt safe going out to see the sunrise or walking the beach at sunset. Having Carter provide beach chairs was awesome. I also like the idea of sitting in the shade by the pool to read or visit. It was great that there was never anyone saying, "the pool is closed, come back later", we had total access to hang out as we liked. It was absolutely wonderful and I will be back again!

Room Tip: I enjoyed having the ground floor as we got a little table and chairs on our patio. I would go outs...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My daughter treated me to a birthday trip to St. Maarten. She found this wonderful Inn that was close to everything we needed, yet felt like an island hide-away. The room was very clean, and well equipped. Room is an understatement, this is more like a one bedroom apartment. Kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishes and utensils. Many restaurants within a short walk but also grocery stores if you wanted to cook there. We loved The Palms restaurant which is almost in front of the Inn, (rated in another of my reviews)! The Inn is across the street (not a very busy street) from Simpson Bay beach. We were provided with beach towels and snorkel equipment to explore the Bay. We had a rental car to drive but also took the bus to Phillipsburg. This is the only place I have stayed at in St. Maarten, but would certainly go back and suggest you go see for yourself! Carter and Cornelia are friendly and the whole staff made our stay even better. And the only bugs were a few mosquitos!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room, 5 rooms are ground floor, 5 are above them. I believe all the room...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Edmond, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We only spent one night as we were checking into time-share resort the next day but the Inn was everything advertised. Close to the airport, close to restaurants and night life and very easy access to the beach (just out the back door). Rooms were clean and adequately furnished. Carter was an excellent host and very willing to share info on where to dine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel is clean, nicely ran and a good place to stay as you would expect, but what I liked was to be in walking distance of EVERYTHING a nightlife loving girl would need.

Yes there was live music nearby, and I thank God for that as I never see live music anymore in the UK. If yoiu want peace and quiet stick in the ear plugs or try another place, but if you want a full flavour of St Maarten ... this place is it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was all we expeccted, but much more. Only a short stay as we were in transition to another island location. However, Carter Glass and Cornelia were extraordinaire as hosts. Comfortable rooms, Safe environment, decent beach access to Simpson Bay. TShell Inn has it all. With a little luck we will visit again and stay much longer. Thanks Carter and Cornelia.

Room Tip: Because it was but a short stay and my spouse has difficulty with stairs, we had a ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Turquoise Shell Inn? Share your experiences!