We stayed here on our way to other islands and it was a great choice. It was very close to the airport so very convenient for an early flight and a $10 cab ride - plus there are restaurants and bars in walking distance. It was affordable, allowing us to spend more money in our final destination. While I would probably not stay here for a full week, it was the perfect place to stop in transit. The staff was extremely friendly and the place was pretty spacious. We did spend some time at the beach. Although the beach closest to the hotel was dirty- full of garbage and seaweed, the hotel has off-street parking so on on our return trip (we stayed here on both ends of a trip to St. Barts) we rented a car and went to prettier beaches. Given the cost of most hotels on this island, this is a great bargain and I would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Hotel
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.