“Cheerful and cozy inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turquoise Shell Inn

You added Turquoise Shell Inn to your Saves list
Turquoise Shell Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Simpson Bay Rd., Simpson Bay 00000, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Cheerful and cozy inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I knew I picked the right place when I stepped onto the cheerful flip flop mat in the lobby and saw a fresh tropical floral arrangement. The innkeeper greeted me with ripe bananas plucked from the tree outside the lobby. She then showed me to my room which was cool and bright with everything I could to need for a tropical vacation, i.e. wine opener, citronella candle, and soft towels for my sunburn. I slept well under the beautiful sand dollar bed spread, smooth sheets, and a reading lamp by the bed for the book I borrowed from Turquoise Shell library. Staff was excited to point me towards the island's best restaurants, beaches, and events. Simpson Bay was right there offering beautiful waters for "bobbing" and a shipwreck for snorkeling ("thank you" to the Inn for the snorkel gear). The sparkling pool was surrounded by tropical plants of which the staff knew every name. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Turquoise Shell offer mosquito nets for the beds which I didn't need but adds a romantic touch.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Turquoise Shell is a very nice, older Inn. It is extremely well cared for. Much Tropical plants. Nice little pool. The Inn is within walking distance of many good restaurants of all price ranges. It is only steps off SImpson Bay Beach which is very long and sandy. Also quiet and beautiful.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any great difference in rooms, although half the rooms are on the second...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The price was right, staff were wonderful! It felt much more like I had my own apartment than a hotel, except that I had fresh sheets & clean rooms each day! I loved it and will DEFINITELY stay here again! Walking distance to several hotspots and the convenient beach was private with a beautiful view! I loved the gardening and green umbrella of trees that shaded the patios & balconies (2 story building); just remember the bug spray to ward off mosquitoes if you plan to spend time on your patio or the small in-ground pool. (Not big enough for laps but great for a dip none the less!). Mosquitoes are anywhere on the island though, NOT exclusive to this place.)

Room Tip: It is an intimate place to stay (only 10 apts, I believe) so any room would be great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Lovely rooms, very spacious. Carter spent much time showing us around the property, and he was easy to contact if we had any questions. He helped us so much with making ferry reservations and calling a taxi when we needed it. He is very knowledgeable about the area. The room was clean and beautiful. The inn is very close to the airport. The beach access was very convenient. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TShellSxm, Owner at Turquoise Shell Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Cornelia and I do our best to make each guest feel welcome and enjoy a clean comfortable room. In this case, we seem to have hit the mark. I appreciate guests taking time to write a review so that other guests can use the information to their advantage
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Great & central location, clean & well equipped rooms, friendly staff, a few steps from the beach and GREAT price! What else do you need? Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was our first trip to St. Martin and Turquoise Shell Inn was the perfect place to stay.Our room was more than large enough and very clean.The beach was just a very short walk away and because we had a car rental we got to explore the island.Carter was extremely nice and answered any questions that we had.We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Turquoise Shell Inn? Share your experiences!