If you are looking for an intimate little hotel in the centre of the action for a very reasonable price this is the place. With only 10 units, you can make a personal connection with the staff and the neighboring guests. There is a gate providing security, but I did not feel confined as I have experienced at all-inclusives with guards watching your every move. At the same time, I never felt nervous at any time about coming and going, both on foot and with my rental car.
It was not fancy, but had everything you needed: a well-provisioned kitchenette, a separate bedroom and tidy bathroom. Everything was very well-kept and clean. The pool was a little small so not conducive to swimming any laps, but I an a beach and ocean girl, so wasn't a concern.
Would definitely recommend to friends as well as stay again on a future visit to St Maarten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St Maarten-St Martin/Simpson Bay