“my first review of this place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 71 restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, Seafood
Thunder Bay, Canada
“my first review of this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

after visiting st maarten a few times and staying at la vista resort, we finally decided to eat here. we have only been there for the free snacks or breakfast previously. we usually do not go out for expensive dinners so we decided to try a lunch. we went back twice. my wife really liked the burgers and i really liked the price. even though the dinner menu is on the pricey side, the breakfast and lunch are very well priced. and there are plenty of options to choose from. the la vista resort is home to the hideaway restaurant and is a nice quiet location beside the pool with an ocean view. it is probably one of the under used restaurants in the area. but if you are looking for a very reasonably priced breakfast or lunch, you should give it a go.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
ny
“Not a Gem”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Service was terrible, waiter was rude and obnoxious.
He was upset that we asked for lime in an cosmo martini.
He said he didn't learn that in school.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

It is attached to the LaVista timeshare office and pool. Do not let this put you off. Very good food prepared by a French chef who has been there for over 20 years. Excellent atmosphere and service.
Make sure you make a reservation, tabls are limited.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Schererville, Indiana
“Varying Opinion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am on vacation with my family in St. Maarten, Antilles. We have a time share here and love the island. Anyway, my youngest daughter got here before us and said this restaurant was great so we went. i found the staff very friendly. The place was small. The food was excellent per my wife and children (older). I thought my food was very good although I was disappointed in the amount of scallops in the shrimp and scallop dinner.The price was high even for the island. For 5 of us it was over $200. Maybe, it's me with the cost.
With all this said, I would still recommend this restaurant for a quiet get away place to eat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful setting, nice outdoor restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent breakfast, lunch and dinner in a beautiful, outdoor setting beside an incredible pool. Not to be missed....a little hard to find, but well worth the effort!

Visited March 2013