“Wonderful find!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 (721) 588-4637
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Listen to the waves crash on the shores of Tahoma Beach, as you are gently guided through different asanas, or yoga postures. These ancient postures increase energy, stability, and balance. It is the most beautiful place in the world to practice yoga. We practice under Tahoma Beach's shady and sand-free Shala. We can provide mats, upon request. Just send us an email. Schedule: Mon.: 8:00 a.m. Yoga For Stress Relief (Petra)Mon.: 5:00 p.m. Sunset Yoga (Petra)Tues: 5;00 p.m. Sunset Yoga Flow (Megan)Wed.: 8:00 a.m. Yoga For Inner Peace (Petra)Wed.: 5:00 p.m. Sunset Yoga (Petra)Thurs.: 8:00 a.m. Power Yoga For Strength & Core (Megan)Thurs.: 5:00 p.m. Sunset Yoga (Petra)Sat.: 9:00 a.m. Vinyasa Flow For Stiffies. (Megan)
Ottawa
“Wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was looking for a place to continue my yoga practice while on holiday, and when I found SXM yoga on-line I was thrilled. I sent a list of questions and Megan responded within a day with extremely helpful and cheerful responses. Yes - they have mats on hand. Yes, you can purchase a card and share it with your spouse. She also told me several options on how to get there from our resort. She went above and beyond several times in providing assistance. My husband and I did five classes in the two weeks we were there, all with Megan. (I'm told the other instructor Petra is quite good too).
We always did the morning classes because we opted to walk there and back, an hour each way, and the morning sun is gentler :-). I do yoga several times a week with a variety of talented teachers, and Megan's class was very well done. Her voice is soothing, her direction is bang on, and she also did some new-to-me positions that I quite enjoyed. My husband is less experienced and "stiffer," and the class was perfect or me as well. Maybe next year we'll grab a cab and try the sunset class, I imagine it's quite beautiful. A wonderful bonus - t the end of class, Megan gives everyone a gentle mini massage. The product on her hands had a wonderful scent - I asked her about it and it's actually a hand sanitizer as well, so when she goes from person to person her hands are clean. Very thoughtful!
On a side note, the classes I attended had a wide range of students - men and women, younger and older, experienced yogis and people who may have been doing it for the first time. Similarly, some folks were dressed in typical yoga clothing, while others were dressed in whatever they happened to have with them on vacation. It was comfortable for everyone.
The location of the shala is outstanding - under a roof in the shade, on the beach, with only sand between you and the ocean. I heard the waves crashing and the birds chirping, and I am sure when I return to my hectic work-life, I will envision this yoga class when I am searching for "calm."
This was a fantastic find for us, and we will definitely be making it a regular art of our annual visit to this glorious island!

Visited March 2013
SXMYoga, Owner at SXM Yoga, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Wow. What a kind review. Thanks for including all the helpful tips for other yogis and yoginis. We'll see you next year! :)

Oranjestad, Aruba
“Wonderful class, wonderful people...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my Wednesday sunset Yoga class at SXMyoga. The class had a very positive feeling and the place is really nice.

SXMYoga, Owner at SXM Yoga, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words!! Namaste.
New York City, New York
“SXM Yoga - Super Wonderful Experience and Instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have had a regular yoga practice for 7 years, and I was so happy to finally find Yoga on St. Maarten and even more happy and grateful for SXM Yoga thanks to Petra and Megan. I took most all of the morning classes during my 2 week stay there, and both Petra and Megan are wonderfully talented instructors, and I wish I could have taken both of them back with me to NYC.

SXMYoga, Owner at SXM Yoga, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for leaving this beautiful review! You are missed.
Brisbane, Australia
“Feel the Joy..........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was amazed and delighted to be initially drawn to Megan and Petra , through there wonderful , informative website. Then to actually join them on the mat , on the beach , by the ocean , was truly amazing and inspirational. Thoughtful, fun, relaxing , energetic are some of my thoughts about what these two amazing ladies offer through their yoga practice.........Try it , you'll love it.Feel the Joy, says it all........

USA
“Yoga With a Tropical Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

There are many lasting experiences that are bound to happen to you visiting the beautiful island of St Maarten. For all the outstanding experiences the most indelible one for me was yoga on the beach with SXM Yoga. The folks there are the most welcoming, friendly, kind, and beautiful people you will ever meet. The venue on the exquisite Tahoma white sanded beach makes the experience surreal. SXM Yoga is for everyone. I was in practice there when a family which spans 3 generation was in the class. SXM yoga is not limited to people who practice yoga or people who want to do yoga while on vacation or people who want to try yoga on a tropical beach. It is for everyone. It offers beauty abound, peace and tranquility. I will cherish the moments I spent there and can hardly wait to return.

Visited December 2012
SXMYoga, Owner at SXM Yoga, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. We miss having your smiling face practicing with us!