“Excellent for such a modest eatery” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 78 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Try it one time & I promise you come a second time. Look us up on Facebook for the full menu & don't forget to hit the like button LittleJerusalemsxmLittle Jerusalem
DFW, Texas
“Excellent for such a modest eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

On our last night at Simpson Bay, St. Maarten, we decided to eat at Little Jerusalem. I'd read many positive reviews about this place online, and having being to Jerusalem, Israel, I decided to visit the Little Jerusalem restaurant with my two cousins and their wives and kids. It is run by a nice elderly Arab couple and the restaurant is a very modest place, not quite a "hole in the wall" but it comes close. And like most "hole in the wall" places, the food here turned out to be excellent. I ordered the $12 something combo (chicken/lamb, salad, rice, etc) and the dish was huge. I normally like to eat at buffets but had to ask my cousin to take some of the food —it was a huge plateful of very tasty home made cooking. While waiting for our food, we met the captain of a sailboat we'd ridden in a few days earlier. We greeted each other and he also made the comment "best food in town." My cousin's 11 year old ordered spaghetti said it was the best sphagetti he'd eaten which says a lot given how picky kids are with food. I recommended this place highly for great affordable food, and lots of it.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Yummmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great Food, Great Prices! Authentic little spot and the Owner and his wife are Super Sweet! Miss that Shwarma already!!! Will be going back for sure!

“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stumbled across this place on tripadvisor and i knew i had to visit once i was on the island and I'm glad we did. This place is outstanding, the portions are very big and the food is delicious. You will leave this place happy and full. The owner is very friendly and if you're not sure what you want to eat he will let you sample and once you do you'll be hooked. Can not wait to come back. This is absolutely the bang for your buck. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gardner, Massachusetts
“YOU NEED TO EAT HERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

you will not leave hungry!!! the owner is excellent, I can not say enough about the food, fresh and delicious, huge portions. you will not be sorry, give this place a try

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“The best shawarmas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

It is run by the owner and his wife in a modified trailer, always with a smile and great service. Excellent of shawarma combinations, fresh ingredients and the best tamarind juice! Have to try it when in SXM!!