“Italian like in Italy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, Canada
“Italian like in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is deceiving from the outside, but wander in and you will be glad you did. Great food and service, even offer 2 varieties of gluten free pasta, which was cooked perfectly.

Visited March 2013

stamford, ct
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner here. The food, portions and waitstaff were very good. We will be trying it again when we return to Sint Maarten!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leetsdale, Pennsylvania
“Just Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We loved this restaurant in March 2012 but had 2 bad experiences at Izi in March 2013. During the first visit my pasta dish was swimming in a sea of olive oil, it looked like a bowl of soup. I asked the waiter to remove the pasta and put it in a new bowl but when the dish was returned to me it still looked like a bowl of soup. My entree was removed from the bill which was appropriate. On the second visit my husband bit into a hard piece of clear plastic that was approximately 3/4 of an inch in length when he was eating his salad. We were told by Davide that the piece of plastic had broken off the salad container in the kitchen. We finished our meals, they were ok but not outstanding, and we were handed the bill. Nothing was adjusted on the bill and we were not offered anything for the plastic in the salad. On the way out of the restaurant the owner asked my husband if the bill had been adjusted, when my husband said no Davide handed him a $20 bill. I don't know if we will go back to this restaurant as there are much better Italian restaurants on the island and this restaurant is pricey for what you get. Very disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Faux Italian”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are both from Italy and everything about this restaurant is as fake as the cans the food is served from. Horrible waiters and waitresses and the heavily faux accented Italian waiter is arrogant and pushy. The mussels were bland and the lamb looked like someone threw up on our plate. Bland and nothing authentic about this place.

Visited March 2013
Simpson Bay, St Maarten-St Martin
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The thing about Izi is that it's a hit or miss place depending on the night you decide to go. Their food is not always consistently good and their wait staff need training. In the 3 hours we spent there for dinner we counted 6 incidents where plates, glasses or utensils were dropped. The first time I ate there I had the salmon lasagna and it was soggy and oily. There was nothing good about it. The second time I went I faired a little better. The appetizer of lobster bisque was fantastic but the main course was not up to par. I ordered veal with risotto. The veal was spread out on top of the risotto in such a uninvited manner that I felt like I was at a late diner. The veal although delicious, was not complimented well by the bland and soggy risotto. The saffron was overused and the risotto looked like yellow goo and had no taste. Pity. For the price we paid I would have to say that overall, it was not worth it.