“Seaside casual dining” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Seaside casual dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had both a lunch and dinner at this restaurant located practically on the beach at Simpson Bay. The ribeye steak was cooked perfectly and was tender and juicy. Grilled Mahi portion was a little small but delicious. The restairant is currently featuring 2 for 1 on all drinks from 11-7 which more than makes up for the slightly higher prices than others in the area. Other favorites were the jerk chicken wings and bang bang shrimp. Skip the meatball sub, way too salty. Service was efficvient and very friendly. Ask for Jessica, she is a supserstar!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

california
“Love the Pineapple Mojitos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife said she loved the Pineapple Mojitos and coconut shrimp. I have to agree. We dined here as the day ended and enjoyed the food, and location.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo, Japan
“Great Food & Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our food and the staff, as well as the fact that the Greenhouse has free WiFi.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Meh.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was the second place we ate in SXM and we were really disappointed. We both got drinks at happy hour, which were good and cheap, but the food was pretty expensive. I got fish and chips and my girlfriend got some kind of mahi. It was really just nothing special and very disappointing for the price.

However, worse than the food was the service. We were waiting for our check for about 20 minutes. We hardly ever saw our waitress. I understand things are relaxed in SXM, but I still think wait staff should try and gauge if their customers want to hang around. We weren't really having a good time and wanted to leave. We didn't have a problem with service like this anywhere else we went.

I would really not recommend this place.

Newport News, Virginia
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We only spent 6 days in St. Maarten, but returned to The Greenhouse for dinner more than one night, because we liked it so much. The food was good & the prices (for the island) were reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant.