“Definitely coming back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 activities in Simpson Bay
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Flemington, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Definitely coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I dove 4 times with Jeff (& Astrid, Marcello, Csaba, and Damian) while down fin St. Maarten or a week.
I was coming off a bad dive experience in the Fall and a little shaky despite having 200+ dives. Since I was headed to T&C in June, I was anxious to have a couple of good dives in my system. Speaking with Luciana before signing up gave me a really good feeling. She was very warm and helpful. During the prep for the first dive, Jeff noticed that my BCD was not functioning properly and advised me not to use the power inflator. (It was my own equipment and they fixed it the next day without any problems.) He and the rest of the crew were incredible helpful and efficient and provided short but very helpful briefings.
As a footnote, I am slightly disabled so need some help with ladder and equipment hauling - it was no problem. I was not made to feel weak or crippled; I was just helped when I needed it. The fish and plant life weren't as rich as Belize (my normal spot) but there was plenty to see. Really enjoyed all 4 dives and recovered my confidence with their help. Will be back again soon.

Visited March 2012

Midland, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
“Another Excellent Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

This my second year diving with Ocean Explorers, and as the first, I wasn't disappointed. Jef and Lu have a fine operation and I always enjoy my dives with them. Marcelo, Csaba, Damien, Astrid are excellent DM's as is Cayley when she's able to dive. I look forward to my trips to St. Martin and diving wih Ocean Explorers and highly recommend them.

Visited March 2012
“Great guides!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

My first dive ever. The guides were very good and very reassuring. This was a great experience and I look forward to going again when I get back on the island next year. Thanks so much, Ben MN USA

Lafayette, Louisiana
22 attraction reviews
“The dives we had with Ocean Explorers was like diving in an aquarium - the number and type of fish was amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We dove for only two dives w/ Jeferson and Luciana at Ocean Explorers. We did a wreck dive first, and saw a large sting ray, sharks, angelfish, etc. Many, many fish. Jeferson was very patient with us as photographers and let us take our time
The 2nd dive at Fish Bowl Reef was terriffic. We had sharks hanging around, lobsters, turtles swimming with us, eagle rays swimming thru our group! It was joyous!

Luciana and Jeferson were very good hosts; both friendly, helpful and knowledgable. We are already trying to figure out how we can go back for a weeks worth of diving.

Visited February 2012
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Scuba Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had a great time diving with Ocean Explorers! Luciana and Jef run a great shop, are very friendly, accommodating and have a terrific crew. They are all knowledgeable and a lot fun. Thanks for everything and we look forward to diving with you again soon.

Visited February 2012