“Another Nice Stay at Simpson Bay Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Simpson Bay Resort & Marina

You added Simpson Bay Resort & Marina to your Saves list
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Billy Folly Road #37, Simpson Bay, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Special Price
Spring Special Sale!
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Cullman, Alabama, United States
“Another Nice Stay at Simpson Bay Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just returned from another stay at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina (6/28-7/5/2014). The renovations look very good and a lot of progress has been completed since our visit last year! Looks like buildings Bouganinvillea, Caladium, Croton and Dieffenbachia are complete. Currently renovating Beaumontia. Was told next year renovations to the beach front building, Flamboyant, will begin. The management is making great strides in bringing this resort up to nice standards. It's centrally located to most of the activities on the island. A lot of the resturants are in walking distance. Aqua Mania located in Simpson Bay Resort & Marina offers great excursions to Prickley Pair, Anguilla and a sunset booze cruise. All are very fun and the staff are great! This was our second visit to the resort and will be back again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice room, but the staff suck. Arrived on Saturday, no maid service until Monday, only after we complained. The washing machines never worked at our building, until we called and they eventually came and got them working. The last time that they did not work, we called more than once and were totally ignored by some idiot local at the office. The security staff (locals) were the rudest that I have ever encountered in my life, anywhere. St. Maarten bills itself as "The Friendly Island". What a hoot! The locals, all over the island, were the rudest, distrustful, and unfriendliest people anywhere I have ever been. Don't waste your time or money on St. Maarten. Could not wait to get away from those people. I expected better. I rate this is as poor based on the general staff.

Go to St. Barthelemy if you want truly friendly people. It is more expensive, but it is a prettier island and a very different, but satisfying experience. Never going back to St. Maarten.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Excellent to do all tourist activities.We stayed in a renovated 2 bedroom unit but only after we complained about first being assigned a moldy dilated unit.Front desk was not cordial at first.Beach clean and quiet.
Priscilla,the converge is very friendly and efficient.Overall the staff needs customer service training.
The on site restaurant was average. Over cooked eggs.Only ate there once.Had an excellent seafood dinner at Lee's.Delicious hot wings at nearby beach bar and grill.

• Stayed June 2014
Schoonhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Liliana Brito Elizalde from Royal Resorts did accommodate me @ Simpson Bay Resort St. Martin last minute in a very professional and personal matter. She took care of everything I didn't even knew I appreciated. Also thanks to Mr. Pedro from the resort.

Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was my first time to St. Marteen as I was traveling alone so I wanted to stay on a resort that had every amenity readily available. This resort was perfect and then some. Staff was friendly and helpful. S/O Odene and Edwin. They were very friendly and informative. Shuttle service to and from my room was helpful as well. Pools were clean and beaches were steps away with a bar and food menu. Food was great. Chef Alex (I hope that was his name) made my food extra delish!! I would have liked to have more than 1 towel (they have bins full of them), but the limit was one per day which was a bummer for me. But understandable since they are a Green resort. I had the French restaurant for breakfast (cant remember the name), but the waffle was good. There are 2 ATM's that take U.S credit/debit cards. I didn't get to gamble, but the casino seemed nice. This resort offers a timeshare, so there is a presentation. I didn't see it (too young), but it was ok, especially if you aren't staying on the island long. The last thing I want to do an island is see a presentation lol. I got to paddleboard and jetski, both of which were VERY affordable. I was happy about that. Concierge can book it for you. They also gave me info on taking the ferry to Anguilla, which I did, it was amazing as well =) Overall, I had a very pleasant stay. My taxi driver Walter was very informative of the island, things to do, places to see, etc as well. I would book him for a taxi service if you are visiting the island. The resort has a gym that overlooks the ocean as well. There are several gift shops on the resorts and a mini mart with food you can buy for your room. Rooms came with a fully stocked kitchen . Ide love to come visit again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed in the newly remodeled units. They are up to date and really have everything you would need to enjoy SXM. I agree with others on this site that say the new units are awesome - and we saw that the rest of the older (being remodeled) units would not be ideal. They are almost done with finishing the entire place. The pools are great - the beach is awesome - and they are close to everything. Our room overlooked the bay and airport. We loved watching all the planes come and go. No noise issues. The 5th floor gave us a great view and got us away from any unwanted noise near the pool. They have restaurants and grocery store on site. GOTTA eat at the Stone Restaurant! YUMMY good.

Room Tip: CALL ahead - make sure you stay in the newly remodeled part of the property. IF you can get one of t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your review. We are truly honored by your compliments about the renovated units, we are glad we could accommodate your needs and make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcome you back.
Manchester, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had a nice time in St Maarten. We stayed in one of the 1 bedroom units that haven't been renovated yet. It was fine for my husband and I. We had a beach level unit and we were able to walk right out to the beach. A nice plus!! The staff was friendly and helpful. The beach was nice and pools always very clean. The staff was always ready to give us chairs for beach. The location is close to a lot of nice restaurants. We rented a car to explore the island and the various beaches.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom unit. It was nice and large. It had a king sized bed in the master bedroom...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest;

Thank you for being our guest at Simpson Bay Resort during your recent trip to St. Maarten, we are glad to know that you found the location of the unit you stayed in convenient and comfortable. Please note that we continue with Resort renovations, we are schedule to do the beachfront units in 2015, the ultimate goal is to provide you with the best service and also five star accommodations.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Been to Simpson Bay Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!