My boyfriend and I stayed at the Simpson Bay Resort & Marina 11/2-11/9. We stayed in the Croyton Building. The room was refurbished and had everything you would expect.
As stated in other reviews, everything you need is close by and uphill! Lol...Seriously...the walk around the property is difficult..there were times I didn't think I'd make it.
My boyfriend is the type that likes to go, go, go...so we did. I highly recommend renting a car (we used Payless through the hotel...Ryan was awesome and a huge help!)..everyone does and it is relatively easy to get around. Otherwise, you will spend your budget on taxi. We flew to Saba, took the ferry to Anguilla, used Aquamania for the sunset booze cruise, rock and roll safari (best snorkeling I've ever done) and a trip to Pinel Island. All trips were a good value and enjoyable. We met many beautiful people on the trips.
We didn't really eat out much...but what we did was expensive and just ok. We purchased alcohol at the grocery store next to Burger King. Everything bad for you is cheap...cigarettes are $2.00 and the alcohol was the same or a few dollars cheaper.
We had the same issue as others with the hot water in our room...there rarely was any. We called maintenance and they came...but it was of little help. It seems they may use solar energy to heat the water..and a few of the days were cloudy. The room only has a stand up shower - which is a bummer for me as I like to take a bath...but I lived! The pool above our room was immaculate! Also there is a laundry room behind the pool which I utilized and it was very efficient ($2 a load..wash or dry...tokens must be purchased at front desk..also..soap can be purchased through dispenser).
There were plenty of dishwasher soap packets provided and a small thing of dish soap (too small for me..but hey...its vacation). The room also had salt & pepper. I wish they had paper plates and plastic wear to bring to the pool...but I anticipated them not and brought stuff with me. The beach towel exchange was easy and convienient.
Not sure that the mattress was a memory foam...but it was amazingly comfy! There is an in-room safe.
I don't know that I would ever return - as I like to check out new places - but I would highly recommend this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Tingo and Odigeo so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Maarten-St Martin