I was expecting a hassle upon check-in due to other reviews, but we had no problem at all. It was quick, the desk staff was very friendly, and we got a shuttle ride to our room, which was in the Croton building. We didn't have much of a view since the villas were right in front of us, but we're from Miami. We get beautiful views all the time so it didn't bother us much. The building was quiet, but quite a hilly walk from the lobby/beach. We were ok with it, but for someone with difficulty walking, this unit would not be a good choice. Our studio was clean, nicely decorated, and had everything we needed. One night, we went to use the corkscrew and found that it was broken. A call to the front desk had our new one within 10 minutes. We also had to call maintenance one day b/c the toilet kept running/filling. They were supposed to come by during the day to fix it. When we returned that evening, it seemed ok for awhile, then went back to non-stop filling. We were leaving the next day so it wasn't a big deal.
One tip - it's pretty buggy outside. Bring matches and a citronella candle if you like to use the balcony.
The gym was beautiful and had almost any machine you would want. The pool in front of the villas was very nice, and we enjoyed lunch and drinks at the pool bar. The bartender was very friendly.
We rented a car for the 2nd half of our trip, which made getting to our unit much easier. I highly recommend renting a car as it seems to be the best way to get around this island. Otherwise, use the local bus (only $1.50 - much better than taxi prices!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simpson Bay Resort and Marina is ideally positioned on the beach, midway between the island's most popular night spots and shopping. Fine Restaurants abound to tempt your pallet, jewelry stores to browse through plus a car rental conveniently located in the lobby and an activity center makes it easy to plan excursions to dive/snorkel spots along with a variety of water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Maarten-St Martin