We loved the location of this resort. It was close to many restaurants and several excellent beaches. There are several places to eat, a piano bar, and a bakery. We felt safer knowing there were several manned gates throughout the whole resort. We didn't use any of the facilities or restaurants but they looked nice. The resort is lot larger than expected. I could see where you wouldn't need to leave unless you wanted to. I don't know if we stayed in the renovated section. I hope it wasn't because it seemed alittle dated. We were in the B-building. The 1 bd room was spacious, had a comfy king bed, excellent view of the ocean from the balcony, and stocked kitchen.
We rented a car and found parking to be easy. I would def recommend renting a car to go all over the island. Pelican Beach and Kim-Sha Beach are in walking distance. Both had no waves, white sand, and clear blue water. Don't bother going to the supermarket by the Burger King. It is more expensive than the one by Maho and didn't offer as big of selection.
The front desk offered good customer service. We had a few hiccups and the staff acted appropriately to assist us. I would stay here again without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simpson Bay Resort and Marina is ideally positioned on the beach, midway between the island's most popular night spots and shopping. Fine Restaurants abound to tempt your pallet, jewelry stores to browse through plus a car rental conveniently located in the lobby and an activity center makes it easy to plan excursions to dive/snorkel spots along with a variety of water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Maarten-St Martin