I was stuck in SMX on a connecting flight and found this place last minute while I am used to the clean chain hotel and am familiar to the grundgy island rooms this was in the middle.
The check in was long but the lady was nice in accommodating my stay, I was a solo person upgraded to a studio on the first floor with ocean view.
The room: The room was on the first floor not ocean view and in the dark did not feel so safe since anyone from the outside can walk to your front door. The room was spacious and had a full kitchen but there where crumbs in the cabinet and hair on the floor on the bathroom.
I did not get a chance to try the pool or much of the place up this would be ok if you plan to just drop your bags and go out and explore the island. For the price its ok but I would not stay here if I was on an extended holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simpson Bay Resort and Marina is ideally positioned on the beach, midway between the island's most popular night spots and shopping. Fine Restaurants abound to tempt your pallet, jewelry stores to browse through plus a car rental conveniently located in the lobby and an activity center makes it easy to plan excursions to dive/snorkel spots along with a variety of water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Maarten-St Martin