“Timeshare” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Simpson Bay Resort & Marina

Save Saved
You added Simpson Bay Resort & Marina to your Saves list
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Billy Folly Road #37, Simpson Bay, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2 FREE Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Delray Beach, Florida
“Timeshare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I enjoy year after year coming here. My room is right on the ocean. Fun times and very family and friendly. Beautiful place to visit and close to everything one can need. Must go to the Marina pool bar and meet your bar girl . Sweet person. (Don't mention names sorry)

Room Tip: Pick the ocean front rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I would definitely recommend Simpson bay Resort & Marina. My husband and I spent 5 days there and we loved it. I stayed in B408, a one bedroom suite. I was originally given room B304, a one bedroom suite. Upon checking in the room, I noticed water was on the floor in the bedroom. I just assumed that housekeeping cleaned just prior to my arrival and didn't dry the floors throughly. I dried the floors and went out for the day. When we returned that night late, it was more water on the floor so I called the front desk and they were more than accommadating. The attendant changed our room without hesitation and brought us the key. The rooms were clean and spacious. Air Conditioning was excellent! The view was breathtaking. Houskeeping came everyday except for Sunday. Perfect location in proximity to everything. However, we did rent a car, based on other reviews. I loved it! The only complaint my husband had was with the TVs. He can not live without the sports highlights! Unfortunately, both TVs were in poor conditions, looking as if the picture tubes had seen better days. Have of the TV screens were blue! Not a deal breaker for me since I don't go on vacation to watch TV!

Philipsburg, null, Netherlands Antilles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We love the island from since we set foot on it, and people are warm and welcoming and very friendly, we felt important and made friends very quickly. The hotel we checked in is wonderful and the staff are more then excellent. Mr.Skinner Jules made us feel like we were being welcomed by our best friends home and being that we were on our honey moon he just toke care of my beautiful wife and i and made our stay be very special. If you need anything he is that guy he would help you as much as he can.
The beaches are beautiful and a tip for honey moaners french side restaurants are the best place to be on a romantic dinner. Am looking forward to go back and enjoy our home away from home :)

Room Tip: Get a room anywhere on the 5th to the 8th floor
Guilford,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

just arrived today from St Bart's. Very pleased with the service and villa. villa was Veryclean and was ready when we arrived at 1:30 which we were really happy about Had a good lunch at Toppers at the end of the beach and we're going back for grilled lobster tonight. Wonderful location. very happy I chose this resort.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Simpson Bay Resort and Marina during the week of May 12th to May 19th. Having read the prior reviews, I had concerns before going, but I found the place was much improved over the earlier reviews. I found the staff to be very accommodating and friendly, and the room to be spotlessly clean. The resort is built on a hillside and sprawls over several acres. After we booked, we were concerned that as Interval Timeshare Exchange guests we would be placed in the one of the buildings that are located high up on the hill. This would have been a problem because my girlfriend has bad knees. I e-mailed the resort with my concern a few weeks before the trip. The operations manager promptly responded and said that they would do their best to accommodate us based on availability. When we arrived, they had a suite waiting in the Marina Building - right on Simpson Bay. This was the perfect location and very central to the resort's facilities. After we arrived, the operations manager followed up with a phone call to be sure that we were happy with the accommodations.
Simpson Bay Resort has ample facilities. Three restaurants, a grocery store, a rental car agency, a gift shop, a dive shop and water tour company (Aqua Mania) are on the premises. There are several pools, some with swim up bars and there are also tennis courts. The property is also within walking distance to several other restaurants, shops and grocery stores.
The room was a one bedroom unit. It was not yet renovated, so it slightly showed its age, None-the-less, the suite more than met our needs. It was well equipped, well maintained, and well apportioned. The bed was comfortable. Our only problem is that there were water bugs (small roaches) mostly in the bathroom at night. They were suppose to spray as part of a monthly pest control program, but I forgot to take the "do Not Disturb" sign out of the door that day so it did not get done., They were suppose to return the next day - but never did. We just had to keep things sealed that we did not want the bugs to get into. That's the tropics.
I took the timeshare tour and got $75 in certificates good at the resort's restaurants, shops and tour company. The representative was very helpful, courteous, and professional; even after he knew that I definitely was not in the market to buy additional timeshare time. He provided many good tips on Simpson Bay and St. Maartin and showed me a renovated room, which was quite impressive. There was no sales pressure at all. It appeared to me that the timeshare sales force also served as social coordinators, as they seemed to run the house social activities that we attended.
Otherwise, the suite was spotless when we checked in; and the maid again did a thorough mid-week cleaning. Most timeshares just empty trash and provide fresh towels in mid week. My only true complaint is the concierge service was not so good. We had the concierge book a restaurant in Grand Case a day in advance. She made the booking but never got back to us to confirm that the reservation was made. I called several times during business hours the day of the reservation, but either no one answered the call or the call was diverted to the front desk. We showed up at the restaurant not knowing whether we had reservations or not.
My impression of Simpson Bay Resort and Marina is generally favorable. It seemed that the employees were happy and tight knit and that attitude conveyed to the guests. I also spoke with many timeshare owners who own several weeks and return to this resort every year. (That says allot) It was obvious to me that the management and staff is working hard to make this resort top shelf. They are making progress, but still are not quite there. Once the renovations are complete, the facilities will be there. However, some of the services still need to improve, such as the concierge service. Bottom line - I would have no problem returning to this resort.

Room Tip: Even though not yet refurbished, the Marina Building is a great location.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Camilo O, Online Community Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Management Response:

Dear Mr. Bressi,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us, your feedback is critical for the continuous improvement of our Resort.

We are happy to know that you had a great vacation experience and we'll make sure to share this comment with our staff to encourage them to continue providing the quality of service that you expect. We are also thankful for the comments mentioned about concierge service, this will allow us to review and provide the require training to our staff; the art of following up is a key component in the service industry. Thank you for creating this memorable learning experience for us as we strive to ensure total satisfaction for all visiting guests.

We look forward to seeing you again, all the staff at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina will be happy to welcome you back!

Warm regards from sunny St. Maarten,
Pedro Sanchez
Operations Manager
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Simpson Bay Resort and Marina 5/1/2013 to 5/16/2013

After our ordeal with the Flamingo Beach Resort we had to check other resorts on Simpson Bay and were fortunate to get this one. They have several properties on the bay and across the street. We lucked out and got the most revised and refurbished one, on the 7th floor overlooking the bay. This property is about 30 years old but kept up well. What a fantastic place! The most awesome view to see each day. The rooms and facilities are close to 5 star and everyone is friendly and helpful. The room service however is not very good. Each day we didn't know if we would get all our towels and wash cloths but other than that everything was about perfect. The landscaping around the pool and water was phenomenal. The pool is beautiful but all is 5 foot deep and the tiles around the pool are very slippery. Many people slipped and fell while just walking. There is no beach directly behind the property but there is one next door and down the street. The pool sit-up bar, and especially the pool bar tender, Metal, is great. You can walk to many restaurants and bars from this location as well as being centrally located to go anywhere on the Island. Orient Beach on the North side of the Island is the best but just about all beaches are great. The water is crystal clear and warm.

This island is truly the friendliest in the Caribbean. Million dollar mountain views of the beaches and bays make this the perfect vacation.

One thing you must get use to though is the driving, sort of crazy and fast but still safe. The island is only 34 square miles so getting around is fairly easy. If you need medical help, please use the French side because the Dutch side is very basic and not as adequate.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view on upper floors in the main building
Hampstead, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here a the last week of April 2013 with the family in room F18. The kids(boy 12, daughter 10) love the water and can spend all day/week in it. Better than I could have imagined. Can't beat sitting on your deck 100' from the ocean with the pallapas right below you. Fun to check out the other beaches but found nothing that was more relaxing than hanging here. Laura at the pool bar rocks! Take care of Elvis on the beach and he'll take care of you. Surprised to find a hot tub on the deck of the master bedroom, great place to sit and watch the cruise ships come in in the am or relax before bed. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The F building is less than 100' from the water with nothing but a great family friendly beach i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Simpson Bay Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!